Apathetic Discretion
Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D , B A D  W O L F

Resilience and stubborn she was, in denying to listen to her body as it pleaded her to return to dreamscape  realm. To enable ones being to full rejuvenate at its fullest so that it can then return to whatever it was she’d prefer to indulge herself in. Dark ears flicked barely catching the sound of movement shuffling through grassy floors  stopping not far from where her head lay. Aquatic musk tickled her black nose and her stomach rumbled in forgotten hunger.  Dark lips curled inward withholding predatoriral hunger, fighting back the hunger that ravaged her. There was still that numbing cold that rested upon her shoulders in which the man with cat-fish whiskers had pressed his tongue again. Poltergeist froze like a child who’d been picked up by the scruff as personal space had been invaded. Why, of course His voice mused with a matter-of-fact chime. Lilac gaze sleepily scanned her surrounding area, dawn was soon to approach with its light to peer between leafy crevices and kiss alpine soils. Recent times and past times were replaying over and over again in her head forcing a small, pained groan to seethe from dark lips uttering remembrances. Remember what? There was a pause from his work, Lilac eyes had closed for a moment only to reopen looking out to nothing in particular, body refusing to listen to mind to stand and rise. Persisting to remain rested in icy foliage to deter fever. Finally captured thoughts I see.  

“No.” Cooled hum cooed in tired breath of sleepy sigh. “Not thoughts.” she corrected him, finally feeling some muscle and joint to move her upper toros so that she lay upon her belly. Head drifted to the right still, with newly-formed migraine from tidal wave of history. “History and time.”  Dark claws dug into earth, uncertain if she was trying to resist syndrome pain or endure it. Perhaps both? Soft laboring pants exhaled short, quick breaths. “My history.” her brows knitted together, with a curt frown weighing her muzzle. There were some events she often wished she could forget. Events she was never proud of whether she was in control of a situation or not: regardless things could never be undone once it had already happened.  “This change has forced a temporary memory loss….”  she muttered namely to herself, yet it was clear enough to be heard. Head finally lifted enough to look to Jury as he continued still – it was odd, yet she wasn’t entire sure of his actions despite what she tried to make of him. This icy slush that clung to her body brought a cooling ease – medicinal perhaps? Was he a healer? There was a pit of dread lingering at the thought though she said not a word in regards to it. 

“Juryoku, is it?” current events were still fogged as she carefully tried to collect them. 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley | Art © Okie

@Juryoku

You need someone you can believe in—this I will declare: trust me, I'll be there.

wake up from your reverie
a light year from reality

The male wore an impressed looked; new and fresh structure of words, ring tightening their clearness. Tone abandoned that uncertainty in which loosely grabbed her voice, giving his ears hope after going against unsteady phrases. Snort led paw to stomp, statement having been twisted the wrong way. Such was fine, however, lips were unsettled at what followed. She had went on to correct, glare given to the mistress once he had not hung over anymore. It was not unusual for a scholar to be offended when it came to fixing their presumptions. Always believing the solution had defense versus a flaw. But, that stood as the only problem—there was nothing to rearrange. It was a jab at the fact that everything rode inconsistent in their formal run, not the matter she searched for. Evidently, both had notions on different pages. Juryoku swallowed his bitterness, peering while listening to her further more. Captured memories it was then.

Dissatisfied emotion swelled into curiosity with seconds passed, unconsciously inching aside as she got onto her belly. Ah, the something hunted for by the dame: history and time. Light it sounded, heavy to obtain. That was the pest throughout this. It answered dusting queries; chin rested on chest, raised brow accompanying his seeking mask. It baffled him how one could lose the recollection to their origin. Spine to that book in which wrote every occurrence—weak, worn out. Pages scattered by wind sweeping its vastly open field. Pure fortunate that she recovered those parts, the travesty sure to embed had they flown any further.

Large ears fell over as he dug the words thrown out by female. "You speak but do not talk, change is not to blame. If so, where is the verdict?" he stressed—stealing one of the fish he provided, knocking crane to the side in protecting leftover ones. Vagueness was sweet in its own complicated way, though the air it left had not the slightest tinge of delight. His own tongue dabbled in mystery but it hardly trained auditory senses to play along. Conflicted communications, Juryoku lay a being searching the aspects to every detail. As long as core was fed steadily enough from the pieces it sought for, picture could be sketched efficiently. Demon touched gaze clicked to Poltergeist when name had been heard, a puff leading in advance to confirmation. "Mhm. Your favored distraction more so," he added, buried in wonder. With this discovery panned out, he aimed to imagine its true use for whatever she clasped.

"Jury Speaks" | Jury Thinks
Notes:

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D , B A D  W O L F

She wondered what the man knew while she remained lost in a forgetfulness that could not be undone.  She was unaware of her recent actions, the distress she was under and the gullible fear which swallowed like giant beast among its prey.  Questioning this weighed a new found concern: the fear of judgement and conspiracy. Utterance of the change she had not explained nor desired to share forced question and disbelief; You speak but do not talk, change is not to blame. If so, where is the verdict? Her gaze turned away from him in near apathy. Words at a loss to find reasonable explanation without sounding mad, or insane.  She’d never wholly admit to her sanity held by loose strings: that she had seen things others impossibly could not see when these things stood so close by.  Dark claws dug into the soil where she lay breath faltered as she only gave him silence for a moments notice. Single fish was taken from the pile, hungry eyes watched its devour. There was a change happening to her and she was not entirely sure how to explain it: if it were a decent change or a treacherous change. Nevertheless, it was a painful one and her mania had heightened as its noise resounded like a gym filled with euphoric students during game-night. Dark lips pressed together trying to find a way around this. “Verdict lingers with festering complications..” fore limbs stiffly readjusted themselves following appropriate grunt. She did not wish to share with him these happenings. 

Head turned though she eyed him cautiously as she questioned his title. Curt nod was provided in musing statement only for her ears to flick downward. Though noise remained silenced – but for how long, she would not gamble: Mhm. Your favored distraction more so. Brow twitched, dark ears swiveled forward with a soft huff. “How long has sleep rendered me?” she made it seem that her resting was a bad thing, she frowned upon it. Though she had gone several nights without it: but he did not need to know this fact – she was a horrible liar when it came to hiding these truths. As she pondered on time, light irritation tugged her tone; “My work is long since delayed.” There was much to catch up on. It was not unusual for her to shift topics in ease of distraction lest she were working. 

"Listen to me"

@Juryoku

You need someone you can believe in—this I will declare: trust me, I'll be there.

Festering complications—ears pulled back and face widened in discontent. Avoidance would alter him into a pure instigator the more things were left in the dark. He slept in darkness which is why nerves preferred enlightenment greatly. Guttural sound escalated his own blood, frost spewed out smoothly as lungs powered. Behind walls, he felt worthy to these telling—wholly under the belief he assisted in tempting memories presence. "You tell more that fuels curiosity. Avoiding but building upon the questions and problems. Complications?" he breathed with skull low, orbs intensifying their saturation. He would press, press and press.

Suddenly he got onto paws when he saw the expression she put on this time. He turned his back toward her, disabling the chance at being falsely read. Thoughts were disgusted, where was the honesty—it lay the dirt to be a cluster of needles. One ear rotated to look at the female as sight refused to give their shape. After query and statement were floating, he remained quiet; longer than what was acceptable. Purposely disregarding, tail flopped once settling. A few empty minutes, maw would now open. "Sun to the peeking moon. That's how long you rested," he responded. Chest was brought down to have him lay sloppily. Juryoku lightly laughed at her said predicament, one eye taking the decision to look keenly over. What work was to be done... Of course, first impression had him ponder if she had anything really. Curled on the ground without care for surroundings did not seem like the action of one with work. Taken under or not, he would not think lightly because of mental weakness.

"Ah yes, dead work."

Nibbling at his shoulder, he continued to stir the pot he mixed; hind appendage batting around. A bit childish he likely was being but that was a given. Years under mind, though loneliness did nothing for rightening his reactions. Mature yet foolish. That was the right word.

Notes:

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D , B A D  W O L F

You tell more that fuels curiosity. Avoiding but building upon the questions and problems. Complications?  His persistence was evident as he weighed in on her in question.  His back was soon facing her then, dark ears folded and melded against her skull with inquiry.  Soft huff exhaled from her breath as she turned her head away from him. Perhaps to search for her joints and movement so that she could stand. Confirmation still weighed on her thoughts: “Yes.” paws shifted upon her answer as she finally found the energy to hoist herself upward into a stretching sit. Silver and black hairs shook free of any loose debris. Poltergeist tried to work her words around in such a way in which she did not want to admit she herself did not understand: but to also avoid admitting her uncertainty of it without having to share the fact that she was at her beginning stages of the syndrome. “Respectively so, such complications that require far too much time to explain.” Her dark lips tugged a subtle frown as she looked to him while his back still faced her, yet ear directed to her attention. Bottom lip curled inward “Time of which has already been spent as I feel I have wasted yours.”  

Anxiety pegged her, while long tail rested atop her front paws while her own question lingered in the air still: hungering to know how long she’d slept. Poltergeist did not like sleeping: she hated it - loathed it and avoided it when she could as she’d rather have her nose buried in grasses and plant: harvesting them to make more medicines and pastes. However it seemed that the man had taken his time to answer: while the question still remained afloat. Sun to the peeking moon. That's how long you rested. Defeated sigh responded to his reply and her gaze drew downward to dark, damp soils.  So much time had been spent: wasted and gone now – never remade. Her work then, was indeed delayed.  “More time to make up for what is spent then.” she muttered only to herself though audible to be heard. Ah, yes. Dead work. Brows furrowed while gaze remained on the ground before slowly lifting to the back of his head.  “No work is dead.”  Dark left ear twitched feeling slightly offended. 

“Medicine is not dead work – it is a necessity.” 

"Listen to me"

ooc: omggg Im so sorry for the waaaitt ;o; 
@Juryoku

Core was clunky in its flow as thoughts were dressing for an erratic wear rather than keeping together. Lips twitched and barbels wild in their movements. The way this other assessed brought rain than it did clouds. Not enough time for an explanation stood a terrible statement. It was indefinite, progress never drained from the beginning. Stretched from millenniums to the next, yet she could not give the briefest of sentences to put down bafflement. Gentleman slowly let out his beast but had he not worn his hat right to begin with? "I would have thrown you down and away if that was my take. There stands a right to spit your way for the lack of gratitude." Bitterness festered on his tongue, forelimbs lifting chest off the earth. Steam from nostrils were beginning to smoke the area again like a dragon to light a flame within in it; gurgles giving life to an outreaching ghost.

Rump dragged as he turned body in leaving hind limbs to rest. Lungs fired on, offering the looks of flames gesturing their mark from those that could onlook. Chin went to his chest, quietly enjoying the vibrations and rattling of his chest and throat. All was sounding until he heard something self was not sure whether to laugh or input utter disgust. Juryoku pulled himself to walk, taking his lingering cloud with him. Form neared Poltergeist, purposefully expelling steam onto her. "To your discolored mind it is such. Disease is terrible but is what fortifies mongrels like I and creatures abroad." The male always admired Nature's unkindness yet its means of wellness. They beckon the strong and punish the weak; a game to learn and achieve, to continue working toward the prize. Face wore the hybrid of a smirk and a grimace, gazing at the female—observing the streams crawling over her fur. "Nature conjures for the purpose of building a solid empire, not a fragile one. Why not trust Her?" he asked, ears flicking to his own weightless tone. A sir conflicted with his natural beast.

Skull shook at mind's mistake, chuckling for the seconds to come. "Though a hypocrite I certainly am, for myself is guilty for playing with the body. When's the last time you made a vile medicine?" he told and inquired, lifting a paw to lick the hair upon legs. It's been a bit since he touched his craft—since he succumbed to self. Feathering was drenched with saliva, frosty and runny. "And, when's the last time you took it? Don't tell me I have to weaken you myself," he joked, poking at the idea at how medicine was unnatural and destructive in Nature's eyes for they were this "medicine". However, he continued to take on crook but try to hide it by speaking for it—true and tasteless.

Notes:

@Poltergeist