Apathetic Discretion
Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D , B A D  W O L F

We are coming, coming, we are. 
Keep running, make thissss more fun 
You’ve ssstopped but we ssstill come
clossser, closssser. Keep going.

There were several sounds some high-pitched and wicked impish shrills, while some were deep, bellowing demonic growls. Stomach churned in nausea twist and body groaned with aches from her brief magic manipulation of natures vegetation. She was beginning to sink despite her stubborn and determination to fight it – she’d eventually lose where as the victory would lie elsewhere but not within her grasps. Head felt as if it were pulsing with growing migraine while manic words continued with their petty nonsense banter.  Head would weakly attempt to pull away as his whiskers brushed against her, lowly weary growl ruptured from her throat in response of her personal space had been shattered. Look at there. Pitted body is ratting you out, Only silence lingered, losing the energy to argue back, body drunkenly sway, searching for more support and mistaking his form,  for the tree failing to notice the drastic difference in textures. She was unusually warm of fever. 

Lilac gaze watched as slush formed on the ground, just barely touching her toes like spindles reaching out to latch on and embrace what they could find. Pitiful pained whine managed to slip from her vocals, his voice muffled and near deafened by she growing dizziness that spun around inside her.  Manic voices slowly grew muted as did her focus; No reason to let it run so freely. Place head on it or you rather I do it for you? Heart beat began to slow, though pounded hard against her chest, breathing labored while lilac eyes stared near dreadfully at the icy slush. “I am afraid.” she muttered in admittance in lowly coo. Not entirely ignoring his statement but she'd seemed distracted. It was brief as if there was an ounce of sanity that ignited yet it faded quickly. “I need – I need to run from them, I-…”  There was a failed attempt to pull away from him if she’d been captured; soft lowly growl ruptured from her throat in pathetic gurgle. “...Dizzy, spinning, everything is spinning – scared.”  It was frustrating as she knew she was struggling to get her words out, uncertain if she was coherent let alone what she was even saying then; “I am … frightened.”  

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley | Art © Okie

@Juryoku

You need someone you can believe in—this I will declare: trust me, I'll be there.

wake up from your reverie
a light year from reality

Lips twitched in suppressing a grin, faint growls combining with the ones from the female. A little battle his mind thought this was, though no true effort was being put forth by opponent. Form moved appropriately for the imbalance she looked to be having. He swayed on with her, purposely rocking the other side to side—indirectly comforting her. No matter countless times refusal found its purpose, observing this pit canine was in proved that there did not stand a sure way in breaking away from suffering. Ears twitched as she spoke of fear, not able to entirely rub away the statement as once being one at that stage; its hard to forget more so, shrug off the familiar. Long hum entered the air, claws gripping and toying with slush; preparing to do what was an option.

Mind kept words under wraps. He let all be said to allow him to scrutinize them inside her mind. Chuckle he did when running away often came up as a resolution. Surprising had nothing been learned in doing the action. It never alleviated a problem long enough, but beckon it to grow into colossal size. "How long has that treated you well? Running, breaking, defeat," he said. Skull tilted with each word, holding its angle to view withering soul. Where was that damned fiend, they carried weight for this. Neck levered down to let muzzle dig through his thick slobber, pulling out a chunk that may encase something before. He snorted, foreleg lifting to remain at her chest to help keep steady.

Swiftly did he attempt to place the flat chunk onto Poltergeist, originally putting where her skull and neck would meet. If a success, the crystals would be immediate in having a grip on her fur. Exhaling, he blew chilling breath onto her. "Certainly frightened for the wrong reason. Never felt snow before? It's like a blanket, very cold blanket," he went on. Entirety was stone until further notice, whiskers creeping over to tickle an ear.

"Jury Speaks" | Jury Thinks
Notes:

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D , B A D  W O L F

Head began to droop into neck, while loose strands of thicker fur brushed against cheeks. She needed to rest, yet she was stubborn and reluctant.  Ensnared by an unknown fear that seemed to flit away from her mind when she tried to remember.  Delicate frame in a slow rock with aiding comfort. Anxiety was beginning to subdue as her heart-beat began to steady while beginning to drift further and further, finally. Ghoul maiden muttered in soft bouts of incoherent utterances beneath her breath. How long has that treated you well? Running, breaking, defeat, His voice waved in and out in muffled sound feeling her conscious waiver. Using her magic even without her will or command, it had taken an additional toll on her. Time weighed against her: How long had this been taking into effect? It was difficult to say when her memory felt as if it had been erased – forgotten  or stolen perhaps. It was there however, memories of course: it just pained her at that moment to try and remember them. 

There was fear weighing in, she had admitted – but to what she was afraid of she hadn’t mentioned. Hazy sight watched the man tentatively then, slush grasped within his jowls feeling this battle lost she slowly turned her head away, exposing her neck and the back of her skull, unintentionally inviting his next efforts. Cold found her nape sending a shrill down her spin. Eyes widened with hitched gasp startled, though quickly subdued as the ice formed and pressed against her. Certainly frightened for the wrong reason. Never felt snow before? Snow? It's like a blanket, very cold blanket She grew numb- chilled by the ice and her fever beginning to reduce. Jaws parted with the look of confusion dressed across her dark face, lilac eyes turned to find crimson ones; “W-what--..” She was unable to support herself up for much longer as she, her front began to dip forward, nose and neck stretched out perhaps to catch her fall should she have landed first on the ground and her eyes were growing heavier though she was persistent nevertheless.  Ice remained clung to her still, working through to ease tension that had ensnared her and to loosen – to relax. Stray whisker teased left ear, forcing it to flick once.

“I do not… ...understand,” 

"Listen to me"

@Juryoku

You need someone you can believe in—this I will declare: trust me, I'll be there.

Reassured sigh was his response to the success of planting ice upon other's form. Of course, a fearful reaction grew from it; mischievous smile directed at the situation. The matter was set, there was no way in removing it now so long as sun did not torment it. Crystals were loud as they took a hold of its patient—giving an appearance of a white patch that could be natural to the fur. Even though the alps powered the atmosphere around in cool dominance, he continually huffed plumes onto her to ensure that it remained at its prime. Eyes fixed into hers once she put optics on him. He turned away and bayed briefly, honking from crane dressed the barks spaced out. Gradually did he let off the dame, shuffling over to input boundaries again. She would have to support self without double the surfaces to prop on.

After reaching a foot away, he "fell" onto his side, lying there and viewing up at the wavering female. Limbs stretched far apart, forepaws clawing at the ground while doing so. "It'll clear soon. Mind in the mist, surprising no one had stole—yet," he jested. Juryoku rolled back on belly, pushing self to all fours again.

Attention moved toward the land away from the peaks, tempting thoughts to another objective. Although did they hold their true self from all that was done? It would not be astonishing if mind was less built than it was formerly. Hind legs folded, crimson eyes looked in wait for how she would cave now that block was broken. "That'll be quite the run, the incline and beasts that will nip. Though I'll be here as a witness," the male informed. Emptily satisfied—well, just simply feeling he had achieved task—he would let her go. That is, if she could go. Brow rose with a teasing smile, tail moving similar to a preying cat's. Since the female admitted displacement of her senses, he figured she would not get far.

Notes:

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D , B A D  W O L F

Closer and closer did sandman’s grasp reach in gentle tugs in guidance of numbing ice. She just needed to stop and be still long enough to reach and to ensnare into deep slumber.  Always moving, running, never stopping, constant motion to effortlessly push away and ignore the knocking rapts of sandman’s beckon. It was nearly a chore and a constant dread should another beckon her to rest, some gave in and let her be others, far and few: only another had managed to manipulate her to rest and she hated such a loss when her way was in the wrong. Though currently in her amnesiac-state she was riddled with a numbness she was unable to overcome. She couldn’t remember finding the ground, as her body haplessly melded into the remains of slush that had been previously at her paws, soft weary groan grumbled from in throat, vision blurred as they settled on the man though his outline was hazy. Eyes finally gave way, and the remaining tension in her body gave way captured by sleep. 

Memories were restoring as she slept,  crashing in like a massive tidal wave. Childhood, friendship, enemies and rivalries. Her run-in with the ESSENCE and the change which she was enduring. Madness never left, mental-strings forever loose and behemoth beast confined into deep iron-cage. Mad blind man, and faces far and few. It returned to her with vast swiftness though there were few patches left in a haze: her mind still clouded in which, in due time would return should she overcome this trial-syndrome. Ear twitched as she began to stir. She wasn’t sure just how long she’d slept though it may have been only a few hours or so – perhaps not enough to fully restore her energy as she still felt rather...numb Pained growl ruptured from her dark lips, teeth bared in slow, groggy wake. “… Cold. It is so cold…?” still she felt drifting chill on the back of her neck and left her in sleepy confusion. Exhausted muscles struggled between the aches yet soothed by icy slush so she remained unmoved, stuck in resting form.  Anxiety slowly ebbed through her nerves, forcing her into a light tremble as if to show signs of distemper as it began to click.Vivid flashbacks still flooding in memory, breath hitched startled gasp as eyes widened; 

“I remember.”  And it hurts. 

Monssssster, monsssster, 
you’re sssssuffering ever sssssstill.

"Listen to me"

@Juryoku

Conscious receded, no longer delivering the power to frames that supplied their base. Suspicion had its praise, chin lining toward the empty space above painted with blues and splotched whites. Steps brought him to the one that slipped, examining everything prior to shooing companion from broken limb and wrapping teeth around to dislodge it from the dirt in which carried it up. Effortlessly could he abandon her—vulnerable and out far from the world. Figure had no point to exert its concern nor was it within its ability to produce the emotion. That was mind's call and thoughtless were commands to linger. Core worked strangely—time would tell how he could be apathetic, but mindful soul shone far better than to flick a tail and stroll onward. Besides, this gave him an excuse if ever confronted by a patrolling relative. He was a homesick "pup", relief was needed.

Falsely sniffing at the sleeping dame, he turned on heels once confirming her deep state. During company's rest, he would wander up the peaks with branch in maw and whiskers on the search for something.

Dusk faintly merged into the sky, a part of day he could definitely get behind. Limb traded its use for small fishes that rested between jaws. A dozen of the little scaly creatures awaiting their fate. Crane had a few of their own but every peek he did at the bird, one fish seemed to disappear from its beak—knowing well that they were quietly consuming the fishes. Light sigh escaped from him, doing his best to not scold companion. However, resistance faded once sight saw familiarity of the area, putting attention on backtracking his path. Minutes passed as the male finally stumbled across the still motionless female at the time, displeasure mixed with pleasure to see nothing went everywhere while absent. Not feeling the need to poke at her, he picked up forelegs to put paws onto the tree she rested near. Stretching, hind legs kicked off to bring him up onto a branch he could climb upon. There, he chilled above, whiskers grabbing a few fishes while he chowed on the rest left in mouth.

Coos, hums, it seemed like every sound found its way out of his throat. Broken melodies rounded, though were shut down at a growl being heard. Firstly, he thought an unwelcome creature was stalking about—offering up his rumble. Nothing came forth, however, making brows furrow. Words tore through confusion, bringing his gaze down to Poltergeist. Slumber canceled out, now he could meet the earth again. Instead of jumping off, Juryoku let hind legs slip to ensure he dropped fully on them, enduring the slight pain from the force to come.

Once shutting away the discomfort, he moved over to stand next to where dame's head would be closest to him. Small appendages placed fishes in front of her, tongue aiming to reach over and lick the icy slush on the back of her neck. Her words did not go unnoticed, halting his action to speak. "Why, of course," he said in continuing forward, "Remember what? Finally captured thoughts I see." Snickering, he sat down, tongue resuming its constant flicking at cold fur.

Notes:

@Poltergeist