Mental Density
Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

Schizoid whispers, wraith shrilling giggles of misfit and maddening pleasure filled her ears in an echoing surround-sound noise. Demand to halt, do not move on – bringing pale knees to the earth floors and withhold the travel. Temples burned a thousand suns when cold sweat soaked and rolled down flushed cheeks. There was delirium that boggled attention, a forgetfulness of amnesiac distress when there was the struggle to fight to know just why. She asked them aloud why they demanded her to cease onward, when sanctuary was given. Distrust fell from them from previous hiss and growls that he who offered only enlisted lie and anguish. Pale lilac lifted dulled in shade as head tilted up to gaze forward to indigo mass, arms crossed over her bosom painting in earth-soils when hands crossed over one another. Her breathing remained shallow and heartbeat continued to race, Only eleven steps left, Poltergeist. his name familiar on his tongue when he spoke to her and her skin crawled in that familiarity. “Eleven.” her voice finally came, brows furrowed with a debilitated sigh. “My head feels as if its chasing the sun..”  Though, she hesitated in her place for only minutes – enough to fill an eternity. Pale fingers withdrew from her breast as she reached out for his indigo furs. Curiosity tugged her attention as she hummed, amused. 

“Your coat is thick and coarse.” she described the texture of his fur. She struggled to stand on both feet, it was much different and perhaps a little more complicated than walking on all fours. Poltergeist huffed, flustered by the fact in the attempts to ignore those internal demons. Clumsy came several in different tones. Incompetent! Her lips pressed into a frown as she found her balance to allow the duo to continue. 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

He Spoke to Me in Madness and I understood His Reason

Image by Tasha!

My head feels as if it's chasing the sun.

This beautiful prose was whispered with a waver to her voice and a slight upturn in her pitch.  Jackal's senstive ears drunk her voice in as one would sweet wine, and found his head space momentarily inebriated from the undercurrent of song trapped within her tone.  She held herself in place, body swaying in the collection of aches riddled in her limbs.  Silence cradled the oasis, so much so, the blind wolf felt as if he could almost hear the choir of tension in her head.  How distraught that must be; how exhausting.

As the indigo man mused upon this comprehension, her weight begun to shift.  Weight and balance transfered, muscles stretched, joints popped as Poltergeist inhaled another steadying breath and begun her attempts at a bipedal stance.  He did not detect the smooth motion of one hand reaching to grasp his pelt.  Muscles quivered in surprise to her touch, digits intwining in lengths of indigo, but the blindman did not retreat from her contact.  Heat surged through him, the flesh under her hand hot to the touch, as if the wolf were a furnace within.  Your coat is thick and coarse, she mused.  She sounded delighted, fascinated by this reality.  He grinned to her, tail giving a brief wag from the endorphins released in his system by her contact.

She struggled as a fawn does upon new legs.  Weight pressed into his shoulder as she fought to keep her balance. When it seemed her weight was evenly dispersed between her two legs, they began a gruelingly slow trek forward.  He was silent, allowing her to focus on the labor of her movement.  Patient, he endured the slow gait, until at last they came to a location where she would be able to warm her core and begin to dry from her drench in the stream.  Jackal lowered himself to a lay, to continue assisting her to the ground, then sat back on his haunches with a wide grin.

I will return momentarily. Deep bass interjected.  In a sudden bound, the large wolf disapeared into the tree line, leaving his Lantern next to Poltergeist's thigh.

In the brush, he gathered a jaw full of tinder and sticks, returning in short order to arrange them in a haphazard pile on sand back in her presence.  Moving to sit across from her, a stillness spread in Jackal's chest.  Within moments, the horrendous noise of cracking bone and shifting ligamets filled the air.  Groans emited from his throat as discomfort swam through his system.  The shift was taxing, and in the rising moonlight, sweat gleamed across his nude form.  Pleased, and settled in his human skin, Jackal leaned forward and pulled his Lantern close.  Fingertips trailed the edges, until he found the southern panel, and swung open the door that otherwise trapped Misery's inferno heat within.

It was dragon's breath that exhaled from her exposed candle.  With a clump of sweetgrass, Jackal coaxed a bit of her flame upon the fuel, and cast it to the collection of wood.  Within moments, flame built to a fire, and surrounded them in warmth.  Pleased, the blindman sealed his Lantern closed, and let out a gentle laugh to the night air.

*  speech  *  thought  *  telepathy  * Xandroth

@Poltergeist

Jackal possesses the Unicorn's Tear. He is able to heal any wound but his own.
Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

Their travel eventually came to its close, spacious dry grounds with vegetation to surround opened to duo. Damp hairs still clung to bare skin though showed signs of drying, the air felling cool atop her burning head.  Lavender blinked with lost mind as gaze shifted from left to right and then back again before indigo wolf came to a rearing halt. Absently she followed into a sit, tender explosed flesh tickled by loamy soils and feathery grasses that brushed against pale flesh. Confusion remained comfortably upon her face as she idly studied her surroundings as if to make sense of the place alone. Manic whispers hissed with disfigured, gnarled growls in her mind with words that never came in straight form but jibberish jumbled mess.  Brows knitted together, head resting against left palm while trying to evade and ignore them  despite the struggle it had given her. I will return momentarily. There was a childishness about her, trapped in this amnesiac state as she watched him depart as his words followed. Her brows furrowed, unable to help herself but feel slightly concerned. but why? 

Upon his hasty return came tinder and bramble with occasional leaf that could feed a flame. No word would breath from her lips as her eyes would only watched with innocent wonderment. The sudden sound of muscles shifting and bone re-breaking and re-constructing itself on a whim forced her eyes to widened as uncomfortable fear washed over her. Groans of discomfort seemed to have come from the blindman Poltergeist felt her want and her desire to withdraw from the situation, unsure of what could happen next. Instead, wolf turned to flesh such as herself and she came to be dumbstruck.  Her palm rested upon her cheek with curious intake. Lantern guide created burning fire  onto collected tinder which warmed  her naked flesh, 

“Hm.” came soft worn tune of her breath. Body inched beyond the flame as she wanted a better look to what she just witenessed. Poltergeist could not determine if she were frightened or intrigued. The change seemed painful -yet he made it seem so simple “I do not understand..” she uttered quietly. Fingertips reached out to just touch exposed torso. Her lavender eyes slowly turned upward searching his blind ones for answers. “How… how did you change and can it be reversed?” she asked him quietly, puzzled by this change. Delicate trail slide as she studied each muscle and scar fingertips had found before she was seized with lawless pain as a migraine plagued her skull, near losing her balance.

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

the nexus of sensation

He enjoyed the kinetics of this flesh. Exposed skin hyper-senstive to every element surrounding him.  What his pelt protected him from also prevented a level of awareness he did not comprehend until he was re-gifted this unusually athletic and capable body.  His adjustment was an engaging project, fueled by ancient memories of capability he had yet to attain here on Eshteth. In time..  Fire radiated orange heat and the blindman settled into his knelt relaxation.  

His ears focused on her, while he mulled over the arrays of temperature on his flesh.  Her breath spoke of bewilderment, her heart rate of excitement, and the increasing presence of her aura spoke of her curiosity.  Jackal tilted his chin towards her, grinning his amusement.  Hm...I do not understand? Motion. Soft brush of fingertips on the marred construction of his chest.  Jackal gave a deep inhale, tasting her scent and flesh without conscious intention.  Muscles tensed. An ancient hunger flared alive with ravenous desire. Unsavory memories electrified the traces of his scars, manifesting a war within. How...how did you change, and can it be reversed? Her fingers continued to trace fire.  Goosebumps spread.  Breath hitched. 

You will never be able to forget me.. Surian tenor growled the promise into his skull.

Jackal grabbed her wrist, unable to bear anymore.  He was unaware of her unbalance until the haunt in his mind retreated, and he found her leaning over fire. Alarmed, feet found balance as he grabbed her arms and swung her across the pit. His motion continued downward, so they both landed back on sand. With a regaining laugh, Jackal rolled back to his knees, head tilted down to her.  Energy and focus.  For you, since your memory is in layers of fog, focus must be replaced by desire.  Intention for discovery. He smirked, ignoring the dreads trailed down his face as he kept his nose and ears in her direction. Though I suggest waiting until energy returns to you.

Jackal * Thoughts * Ysabeaux

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

Oblivious came with no clarity in mind suffering in loss. As migraine lassoed nerves in gritting bite, wrist felt the grip of his latching hold and there was a bolt of panic that crawled up her spine as body leaned over kindling flame.   It was close enough where exposed stomach was just barely teased by flicking sparks. For mere seconds, it felt as if time were slowed near dead stop. Heartbeat pounded hard against her chest, cold sweat remained upon her temples as breathing shortened in quick breaths.  Schizoid demons hissed and growled, mused by this anxiety daunting to delve further into that anxiety and contort it into a fear. He pushed her to the sands, evading fiery daggers and followed. Poltergeist landed with a soft ooph-grunt as delicate phalanges dug into soil grounds. Shoulders pressed against sands, lilac stared up towards leaf-covered skies that seemed – to her meld into a dismal red-black cloud.  Energy and focus.  For you, since your memory is in layers of fog, focus must be replaced by desire.  Intention for discovery. Her brows knitted together, earth around her stretched, and groaned as if agitated by her stress and fed from magical strings she hadn’t realized she could manipulate at that moment. Though I suggest waiting until energy returns to you

“Then why has it not yet returned?” she inquired, naive in her question. There was tension where she lay rested against warm sands as lavender gaze found his face for a moment before retreating to watch the fire dance. She sounded impatient – typical in her character without realizing so. Body grimaced feeling the pain run through her from her head to her body in aches and discomfort. “They are yelling – screaming again.” she groaned, with exhaust. “I cannot make their words but it is filled with hate and resentment. Jealousy and hunger.” Gradually her heat began to beat faster and faster and cold -swear fever soaked her head. She was beginning to ramble, uncertain if it was to him or no one in particular.  “The sky –..” It was clear “It is black and dark.” the sun was poking through trees, kissed with warmth upon her delicate skin even though her eyes saw completely different. “It is dark and cold – and …”  

“I am falling.” 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

Code : Tempest ;  Content: Lashes
I am the Foundation of my own Annihilation

the grasp of my failures
settles in the dust of my throat
melts in the wax of my candle
and seeps red to the earth

The sky...It is black..it's dark and cold and...I'm falling. Heart galloped, unsteady and nervous. Jackal frowned, chin dropped to where she lay.  Her prior question he would not answer.  Useless to chastise her on what she cannot change, or indulge a stubborn mind.  Rest was required, but Poltergeist Tombstone did not rest.  She ran until exhaustion caused her drop.  The only way sleep ever came to her.  The only way it ever would.  He could not impress or suggest this rest upon her.  In truth, his own sleep pattern was exactly the same.

dear woman: for me, the sky is always Black; I always fall.  Embrace the dark.  As he spoke, hands found her shoulders.  Fingers gentle on the silk of her skin.  Guiding her to rest her head upon his thigh.  Perhaps if he initiated contact, the typhoon would not overtake his levees.  Upon the fall of his last syllable, Jackal collapsed into the sand.  Chest inhaled the Oasis.  Moisture, ozone, sunlight, sweat, pungent pollen, and crisp vegetation spiralled across his palette into his lungs.  Vibration of insect life tickled his back, and revealed a massive network of roots and tunnels. Perhaps not sleep, but his body could rest and his mind could wander.  The sun was setting, and fire heat became more endearing as time rotated.  Muscles relaxed.  Tension released from his fists, his knees, his stomach, until he felt his skin and sand were a single entity.

Sound of my Brother * Voice of Self * The Motion of My Lantern

Vagabond of Reconstruction :: Beast of Fortune

@ Poltergeist

OOC:: omg short