Mental Density
Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

Lilac eyes gazed down to matching ones in reflection back to she. Dark brows furrowed confused and perhaps slightly baffled. Pale fingertips touched plush cheeks and loose black curls. Almost as if she’d forgotten that her body was not in its usual form: that much she knew. Impish giggle tore through her focus, ripping away her attention as waters rippled from her movement sending cold splashes against sickly pale skin. Her breathing shifted, startled, hands clasping either side of her skull. You should stand. The blind man spoke which then only furthered her confusion. Stand? Was she not already standing? Right knee straightened and leg lifted form the water to expose barren foot. Her entire anatomy is so.. different. “I am standing.” her voice berated uncertainty, leg relaxing back into shallow waters.  She was sitting: knees bent and back arched with hand buried beneath pond soils, looking up to a blind indigo wolf with lantern in tow.  She never did ask him: was he real? Or was he one of those demons to plague her mind? Voices whispered fallacies, an effort to believe this: the plants groaned again, grasses shifting opposite of wind breath and the strain of her magic beginning to sift within her. Single drip of blood oozed from pale nose, tarnishing flushed skin. Their noises grew: louder and louder, and single enigma doppelganger stood looming close by with shapeless form. It growled and more tuned around invisible, but heard. There were so many

Listen: Only you can see them.  Only you can hear them.  They desire your attention.  They desire your destruction.  They are malicious definitions of disease. Her heart rate hadn’t eased, but only quickened then: eyes looking from blind man to beast back and forth. They proclaimed that he was never truly there speaking. Only furthering her manic paranoia wanting someone to be there, and to fill her with false hope.   and I am afraid, yes, there are many.  But come: the more miserable you are, the stronger they grow.  We must seek warmth. Poltergeist remained unmoved: frozen in place, focusing on the grasses beneath his feet, coaxing them to elongate – a weak maneuver but her efforts were to keep him from moving any further: despite the easy ability to rip from them. Blood bubbled from her  lips and oozed to pond waters in trickling splash: hard migraine cursed her temples and a wave of nausea irritated her stomach with sharp pains. "They speak of you...” Hoarse whisper muttered from her breath, just barely audible to be depicted. “… to be one of them.” she wasn’t entirely certain of herself of whether or not to believe them or entrust herself with him despite his claims of knowing her. 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

He Spoke to Me in Madness and I understood His Reason

She quivers in the threshhold of her torment.  I grin at the persistence of her tenacity.  The depth of her madness, acute in her weakness.  Though I stand and wait for her to follow, she hesitates.  Her heart continues at an uneven and rapid pace.  I wonder how much strength she retains.  Perhaps a slip into unconsciousness would do us both some good. At this thought I chuckle to myself and twist back around.  She is unsteady, swaying on hands and knees.  I can taste the adrenaline on her skin.  A northern wind presses upon us in rare cold gusts.  Refreshing clarity in sticky heat. What delusions haunt your mind in these suspended moments? What do they whisper of me?  What do they scream at you?

Jackal's nostrils flared as he consumed her scent.  The haze of her form shivered in his head, hues of lilac and smoke defining her outline for seconds before dispersing details into black.  Instinct prickled his fur as an aura of aggression invigorated Poltergeist's energies.  "They speak of you...to be one of them." A wheeze, a gasp, a threat, a question.  Such complexity borne in her statement; music to his senstive ears.

Jackal couldn't help the feral smile manifested on his maw from her statement.  The deviousness he could never hide.  His tail swept behind him, a conscious reminder of the space he could work with.  Numerous replies flickered through his mind, but only a single solid expression could engulf all he wished to say.  Trust your own instinct, in regards too I, Poltergeist. Whatever that instinct may be. Bass growled his mirthful instruction.  Anticipation electrified his nerves.  The wolf leaned on his toes, eager to hear her next decision.  Plans for their progression halted in these pregnant moments.  Their search could resume when her crisis of identity settled.  You remember not who you are, and yet you are the same as you ever were.  Our cycle will perpetuate for eternity, won't it my ghastly companion?

Jâç-Astor Vur, Son of VAGRANT and EL Rue

{Capabilities Used  ::  ----}

telos {complete}

---- * ---- * baritone * HER * Xandroth

@Poltergeist

Jackal possesses the Unicorn's Tear. He is able to heal any wound but his own.
Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

Do you believe he is there? 
A pigment of your imagination 
Silly little girl 
Alone, remains of you 
trapped within your element of delirium 
Alone, you remain 
As it should be.

They whispered and chanted in numbers ricocheting back and forth with their mania shrills. Knees bent as rear placed upon naked feet. Body positioned upward as shoulders rolled and arms fell on either side. The water growled with irritation, shifted by the woman’s weight as she sat up right whilst pale lilac eyes looked to the blind wolf in disarray. Stray black curls brushed against her barren chest ruled by old scars of once upon a time teased by nature breath in whimsy dance. Pale lips curled inward, bitten with placid uncertainty. Again, and again they chanted, filling her head with a bantering noise, throbbing her temples with relentless turmoil pain. She shared with him their words only received with wry devious grin. Trust your own instinct, in regards to I, Poltergeist. Whatever that instinct may be. Dark brows furrowed, taking his words and dissecting his musing remark.  Silence weighed between them as she rested her lilac eyes upon him with hesitant disbelief.  She still, shivered from the cold though made little fuss as her mind retained anywhere but petty qualms. “I do not….” she fumbled with her words. It felt strange and rather distasteful to admit to a fault. “...I do not know.” 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

WHERE WE WANDER, WHERE WE WEEP, WHERE WE FADE INTO THE DEEP
μαντείο

Her anxiety was a delicacy for him, like flesh ripped from the rib cage of a deer.  Her enegies vibrated at a frequency he could just detect if he gave his full focus.  This commitment left himself momentarily defenseless. He was on a stone edge, uncertain of how her anxiety would feed into her demons, and that icy temper beneath.  He gambled, trusting her in brief moments of suspended sensory, while he examined individual elements of her disposition to grasp as much information as he could. A hitch shy of frantic consumption. Jackal countinued to take advantage of her uncertainty.  Her heartrate was a high one fifties, teetered up and down with every monstrous voice. Silent threats. Her panting was uneven, no, gasping,and her diaphragm refused to relax enough to promote fulfilling breaths. The edge of an attack.  Jackal relaxed his toes, shifting his weight forward subconsciously.  Anxiety would overwhelmher before she attempted to strike at him.

I do not...I do not know..

Her voice quivered.  Her tone was ashamed and exhausted. Jackal eased his haunches back into the sand for a momentary pause.  Truly she was weakened if she was admitting fault to him, temporarily amnesiac or no.   Then I will take what trust your instinct is providing me.  It is too damp to rest here.  We must drift a couple lengths further. He twisted his nose over his left shoulder, indicating the direction he wished to entice her towards. Lantern sqeaked in his motion, a sweet note unexpected from a box of iron.  His plans could continue there, if she would merely follow.   The indigo wolf stood, this time turning this northwest desire, and twisted his ears back to her shivering stance.

Coding © to Lashes

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

It was getting colder the longer she stayed within the shallow waters. She wanted nothing more than to be anywhere but in her current situation. Confusion settled her features as she looked her anatomical structure over. This was not the body of a wolf. Her fore limbs and legs did not move like a canine. And her paws held phalanges that seemed to easily grab things without compromise. She studied the palm of her hand. It was feminine though lingered with two or three scars on either side. Perhaps from harvesting plants and her usual labor she’d never seemed to take notice to.  Pale lips pressed together with uneven doubt, returning her lilac gaze to the blind wolf. Sardonic whispers oozed with malicious tease and humiliation-demise, loud enough it seemed to come from every which of direction. Then I will take what trust your instinct is providing me. Delicate skull tilted to the side, dark curls brushed against her pale shoulder in movement. It is too damp to rest here.  We must drift a couple lengths further. he motioned her to follow; Poltergeist curled her bottom lip inward with confusion as studied her limbs once more. She flexed her fingers and then reached out to the nearest fallen limb and pulled upward before abruptly wrapping both arms around it as if she feared of falling.   The water rippled in song-like splashes, legs shifting as she searched for her balance. Hesitantly she’d look to see if the wolf had turned to watch though quickly reminded herself that he was blind. She sighed in light reprieve as she began her slowed movements to follow using tree and low bearing branch for support. It felt odd standing up right, but it seemed more comfortable than being on her hands and knees. Arms then folded over her bosom as the wind chill brushed against her pale skin feeling the rush of exhaustion crash against her. 

Do not follow.
Do not follow.
Do not follow

She paused then in her step, hands clasped either side of her temple before dropping to her knees. “Why?” her jaw clenched, fingers digging into her skull as if it would assist in ridding of the noises that crowded her. “Why should I stay?” Small droplets of blood oozed from her nose with a single light splash into loamy soil. Her heart raced still, pounding violently against her chest as if daring to break through its cage. 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

For moments his words were enough to push her forward.  A straight course to his chosen location was a short distance, perhaps a dozen wolflengths.  Grass was dense, trees availble to lean against, and water close enough she could return if needed.  Her rise was labored and weak.  He positioned himself to led but kept close, in case she relented and sought to use him for support.

Yet, as she took this first step forward, she collapsed to her knees.  Vibratins strummed through him, etching an ultraviolet vision of her kneeling form, hands buried in locks of hair. This etch lasted two beats of his heart before black resumed. Jackal grinned as he turned to her.  Anxiety was a restless hum.  Fragility portrayed in dusk.

Why? Why should I stay?

Her strange commentary translated immediately. Unable to fit her own voice in her head, she answered her demons aloud.  Her resilience maintained despite their temptations and demands for her departure fromhis presence.  This moment held risk.  If he spoke the wrong statement, perhaps if he spoke at all, he could tip her into a spiral.  Yet in this suspended drama, encouragement could possibly ease her mind, if merely a single degree. 

Only eleven steps left Poltergeist.

Jâç-Astor Vur, Son of VAGRANT and EL Rue

{Capabilities Used  ::  senses, earth}

telos {complete}

---- * ---- * baritone * HER * Xandroth

@Poltergeist