Mental Density
Lay where my demons lay

Monsters in the trees

The air smelled different. Filled with exotic concoctions of nature’s design of earthen turf and evergreen foliage. Breath of mother-earth tumbled amply in whimsical rolls of a gentle breeze sashaying titans stretched to the heavens sending avian creatures to their heights perturbed from their nests. Their bustling distress stirred a pale woman from forgotten slumber in startling wake. Lilac eyes opened wide, and torso sat upright while heart thump, thump, thumped in rigorous fright. Breathing labored, attention drawn in every which direction to grasp her location. Dark brows furrowed in muddled inquiry, phalanges mindlessly combing through black sands. Pause.  Poltergeist slowly brought her hands closer to her face for further inspection as if she’d never seen such a strange sculpture before. Her wrist turned in one-eighty motion speculating the pale skin which seemed to be attached to her. Lilac eyes then moved further, tracing her left and then her right arm trying to find understanding to this strange change where skin replaced her silver-black coat. Her fingers moved, pausing in reality that she felt the movement. This bone structure is very ... different. Pale lips parted in shallow breath of contemplation. Finger tips brushed the apple of her right cheek, sternum, breasts.  Naked.  Raven curls fell beyond her shoulders. Stringy. Thick. They did not feel the same of her wolfish hair. It was more … wiry. “I don’t understand.” whispering coo fell cooly from her lips, her bottom curled inward with naive, childish bite. 

You sssseem troubled.

Serpentine hiss chided in bitter-comical melancholy.  Her head tilted so slightly to the right, what was that? There was a noise. (There was no noise.)  Perspiration rolled down pale temples. heat What was this strange liquid? It left her hair to cling to her cheeks until she pulled the strands away. She looked around momentarily before her palms placed flatly on the ground, making an effort to stand. As she rose, her balance lost arms flailing before her left found the rough wall of a tree. Tender flesh scraped, irritation, inflammation, bruising agitated her arm when she fell into it. Growling yelp bore through her teeth, clenched at this familiar-unfamiliar pain. Auditory system slightly blurred, feeling pulsing vibration in her head. Migraine.  Another fever. Slowly she slid back down to the ground, shamelessly attempting to crawl, inching closer towards a small  stream rolling through the small meadow she assumed herself in. Mud. It was cold against pale skin, and it felt… good. Finally, reaching the water, she was nearly out of her breath. Hovering, her reflection unknowingly stared back at her. Brows furrowed, reflection mimicked. Who is that?  

“Who is...” 

Who am I?

"Listen to me"
ooc: Polty has a little bit of amnesia~ 

@Jackal

He Spoke to Me in Madness and I understood His Reason

OMG YES ITS TIMETO START THIS PARTY OKIE BAB
---------

It was her.

The blind wolf inhaled again, confirming this suspicion.  Yes. Truly, it was.  A voracious grin sprung to his maw, tail wagging his unabashed approval. How splended, how unexpected.  A treasure, an opportunity, a companion. Jackal's paws kicked sand as he continued to traverse desert expanses, following the scent of lavender and oasis water. 

Jackal had not scented Poltergeist in two years, knowing she had continued to wander in her own method of madness. This seperation between them was not unusual.  Together for too long brought them both to a frenzy of aggressive aggitation, yet there was an inability to ever let each other go.  He understood her, from the wells of darkness to the secret functions of light borne into her character.  She too, comprehended the levels of his mania and the streaks of his madness, a creature who was truly his closest friend.  With time as the blessing that maintained their relationship, her presence here invigorated him to a frenzy.

Afterall, his task from Essence remained largely incomplete. Though he was certain he could convince her to join him in his cause, he felt fringes of ill-defined ideas still waiting for him to comprehend.  For reasons he could not fully understand, the ability to form the necessary details or impose upon this task a purpose beyond Essence's decree - of which would be the true purpose of Their call to his leadership and would be the only way to achieve true success in this endevour - eluded him like smoke.

Whispers of palms and grasses were heard on the wind, brushing together in soft spoken songs.  Jackal eased his pace, large paws touching wet soil with a shiver of kinetic bliss.  The sun lingered low on the horizon and a chill began to creep upon his back.  Lantern flared, orange light altering to an effervescent violet, though the blindwolf could only feel the shift in heat upon his chest.

Coal nostrils lifted again, gathering the details of her location. Strange details.  He could not scent her fur, but a sheen of..sweat. yes. That was the term. And such only belonged too...with a wild laugh, Jackal's pace increased to a lengthy lope, crossing fern and streams to come upon her location.  He could feel her stance upon the earth, the vibrations of her movement.  With a mad grin he stopped, trembling from the onslaught of information.  She has endured the Syndrome...wonderful!

Poltergeist.

---------------------

Sound of my Brother * Voice of Self * The Motion of My Lantern

@Poltergeist

Jackal possesses the Unicorn's Tear. He is able to heal any wound but his own.
Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

Dark curls brushed against pale skin. Dark circles of weariness and  worn labor painted beneath lilac-lavender as if sleep had been a stranger. Dark brows twitched, reflection staring back to her self while confusion rested firmly upon her face – her face in which she did not recognize. Cool breeze brushed amiably against flesh, sending gooses-bump chills to rise and her body shiver in subconscious reaction nature breath. Leaves sashayed in unison while their branches danced back and forth. Earth-stained fingertips brushed against risen cheekbones as if to make an effort to trace the contours of her figure though nothing could wholly come to answer despite the millions of unanswered questions that filled her head. From behind, her attention was drawn forcing her head to snap around, nearly falling into the water as it shifted beneath her when her right hand splashed into the shallow stream startling her more than whatever loomed from behind Bark-grazed arm gave mild inflammation from where she’d scraped it against a tree previously which was a new – painful- different feeling.  However her attention pulled her elsewhere – an image painted in indigo.  Soft gasp, startled her as she inhaled, nearly holding her breath. 

His form was roughed and rugged, lantern contraption kept within his jowls, burning brightly as if it brought guidance – he to she. Poltergeist remained silent, lilac eyes studied his own blind ones and the devious grin that seemed befitting upon his muzzle. Poltergeist. a single breath of a deep baritone. The pale woman was puzzled by his response – unaware of the fact that it was her name he breathed. Limbs began to crawl and inch away without falling int the stream, though she was already covered in mud and bare without clothes to comfort her naked skin. Suddenly a burning searing pain bombarded her temples, her head falling into her palms by the onslaught of pain that burned in her head. Manic laughter seized her mind, with echoing sounds passing of torment and mania. Tears swelled within her eyes as she looked to the stranger with accusation – was it he who caused her this pain so suddenly?  

“Wh-...” her voice cracked with broken uncertainty. “Who are you?” her lips parted to continue though her pain hadn’t ceased and she curled into fetal position trying to drown the cacophonous noise that splintered her ears. 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

O! Dear Mad Man!

The sharp inhale of her breath into the delicaties of her chest revived a fury in his blood.  Ears stood, portraying the wolf as a shadow of Anibus, all length and angles, savage and graceful.  Water splashed, joints popped and creaked, ground groaned as weight shifted and her body lurched.  He stepped closer, intially taking her reaction as mere surprise to see him here. Yet her breath was labored, and a scent of fear was beginning to prickle across the soft flesh that now graced her form.  Her heart raced.  Jackal cocked his head, amused by this unusual reaction.  Ah, how soon into this Syndrom have I found you in, my ghost woman? What throes have you captured in your mind? His brows furrowed slightly.  Indeed, with her conditions, this situation could have caused numerous strains upon her mental state already.

Wh-who are you? Her voice cringed and broke, confused and swarthed in agony.  Jackal set his Lantern carefully upon oasis soils and lowered his frame to lay where he once stood, to diminish the imposing height unto which he originally met her. A different thrill spiralled through him.  She could not recall...indeed, though he heard her words before, he had not listened to their intent.  Now the echo of the question she posed to her own reflection revived in his head. "Who am I," she had asked, to which he had unwittingly answered.

Jackal lay his head upon his paws with a shifting grin, nostrils quivering and ears unmoving upon her location.  She smelled delectable: wounded, delicate, and distressed.  Heat stirred in his loins.

A blindwolf seeking your company. His voice was just above a whisper, citrus breath brushing blades of grass.  The response lingered only for another heart beat.  Jackal Vur...and you, as I have known you, are Poltergeist.  Amusement lavished his inflections, the smle remaining with the same twist, portraying secrets he held of her that she, at least in these current moments, could not recall.  I bring no harm to you. Your mind and body are doing enough. Tell me..what is the last you remember, before this?  He asked, charm wrapped around his questioning tones. The syndrome affected all differently, he was finding.  Her memories seemed to flutter like butterfly wings, while his had swarmed his mind like hornets.  Too many memories had haunted him,  and drove him into the desert heat to maintain his madness. She seemed to suffer the opposite: her mind so burdened it was unable to digest the bombardment of the disease without temporarily burying her prior memories.

||  "!"
Table & Coding © Okie
Art by Lashes 

For some reason this code just hates me.  anyone is more than welcome to edit this thread and fix that bitch <3

Lay where my demons lay

Poltergeist Tombstone
B A D  B A D  W O L F

There was an unknown familiarity yet she remained festered with uncertainty with him. There was little to remember little to recall and when she made the effort to, it hurt and the voices grew louder. They were screaming at her, berating her with words that would make a sailor blush with indignity. Sound pulsed in muted vibration like the sound of beating drums in which her head felt its pounding torment. Damn, damn, damn this pain! What caused it? She could not remember and yet she wondered if her skull was going to split into two! Lilac eyes glowered to the blind indigo beast praying for resolve beneath this agony. A blindwolf seeking your company. his statement simply put forced a near childish pout to form upon her pale lips, not the answer she had hoped for and uncertain if it was company she wanted at this moment. Was he even part of the reality, or was he a pigment of her distorted imagination?  Her heart thumped a heavy beat and her stomach churned in discomfort of her fifty-fifty probabilities. “Are you real?” she asked with innocence. However she reconsidered her statement too late, biting her lower lip feeling as if she may look foolish to ask such a thing. 

Jackal Vur...and you, as I have known you, are Poltergeist. Eyes fell to reflection in the water once more to see it staring back at her in weary confusion. “That is an odd name to have, I think.”  there was apprehension in her whimsical coo, fingertips brushed beneath her eye lids and just above her cheek bones. Why did she look so… tired? A soft irritated growl ruptured her vocals, there was so much noise surrounding her even though it was just she and the wolf – yet mentally with her, it was everything plus the two of them. I bring no harm to you. Your mind and body are doing enough. Head lifted, then tilted to the right: what did he mean by that? Lips quivered, contemplating to pull apart and vocals pegged to speak yet she withheld her tongue.  Tell me..what is the last you remember, before this? Dark lashes fluttered with a naive blink and a furrow of her brows, heart beating, skip once, beating more and more: 

Ignore him,
Ussselesssss

Serpentine hiss growled with hardened demand, following a heated pain within her temples. Poltergeist let out a soft pained yelp as she grasped each side of her head again. “Running.” she inhaled a sharp breath, “I do not know why, nor where – stop it!”  She shouted then in frustration, schizoid manic  stampeding a fury of sound and movement that manipulated her mental state. “There is so much noise.” A soft whine murmured from her breath, face buried within her knees. “It hurts.” 

"Listen to me"
Credit © Kyley

@Jackal

WHERE WE WANDER, WHERE WE WEEP, WHERE WE FADE INTO THE DEEP
BAD WOLF

Her breath was dragonfly wings upon humid evening air.  Sun inched closer to the horizon line, eager to rest and allow the Moon her time of reign. Ripples of gold and emerald danced across the Oasis, giving Poltergeist a sheen of brilliant metallic silver, a fortune the blind wolf was unable to appreciate.  "Are you real?" She whispered.  Jackal gave her an amused grin in return, but allowed her question to settle on air while he addressed her initial curiosities.  Upon the mention of her name, he heard skin brush across muddied skin and wisps of hair give way to motion.  He wished to show her he was the same as she, that he had endured the syndrome as well, but Jackal did not have the energy to shift, and felt that a slow digestion of all the information he provided her would be safer.

Afterall he adored her because she was unstable, but he could not willingly ignore the reality.

It is an odd name to have, I think... She mused, half to herself in brushing alto.  Jackal grinned at the response, bass chuckling over stones. Upon his remaining qusetions, she took pause. Her breath spiked and heart fluttered.  His claws dug into the soil, certain to keep him rooted to his spot.  A growl burst from her lips, a yelp sprung from her throat.  His hackles rose instictively.   Joints creaked in her sudden motion, and the air crackled with expelled energy.

Running...I do not know why, nor from where...  Her words were forced through laboured gasps.  Another cry of painful agitation burst from her, causing the blind wolf to flinch from the sudden onslaught upon his ears.  Once, many years ago, she found a way to briefly share with him the chaos of her own mind.  He understood better than most the multitude of voices that haunted her every moment.  There is so much noise, she groaned, voice muffled by her shifted position.  It hurts.

The wolf stood, and pulled his Lantern closer to her location, still remaining a few feet away. From a knot onhis tail, Jackal pulled free a Bleeding elm root, and nosed it closer to her.  It tastes of ginger, and will sooth the throb.  Sadly, there is nothing further that I can do to remove the agony from you.  He spoke matter of fact.  He would not use magick on her, knowing it would only exaserbate her nerves and truly do nothing else in her condition.  At least with the root, natural resource provided aross Eshteth, the fire in her mind would feel more like candle light, and the ache in her bones would diminish to a dull throb.

The noise is a part of you.  Due to your current condition, I suspect their activites have increased exponentially - when the syndrome completes its process, there is chance that, while not disappearing, they will diminish enough to allow you elements of reprieve.  He lay back upon the earth, closer now than before, so her scent filled his mind with lavender and lilac, sage and tumeric.

Coding © to Lashes

@Poltergeist