chance encounters.
closed.
"ad perniciem solet agi sinceritas."

In his soul, no matter how he had once mocked such practices, Virsisé prayed. But for once, his prayer had no destination. It was not to the God that his kin so revered. Neither was it Essence, which called him here. 

Virsisé prayed merely to pray, as he chased after whispers and dreams, as he traveled further into the unknown.

He relinquished his past and yet still clung to it. He laughed to himself as he strode, trotting when the landscape allowed for it, through the wilds of Eshteth. Onward, deeper, further in. As far as his body would take him, chasing the words that had brought him here. The message that had brought so many here. Whether or not he had spoken to them, he was aware of the presence of others like himself. Spotted through the undergrowth, or passed by on his journey- unsung, unnamed, but they existed. But he wished not to tarry. If he wished not to waver, he could not stop.

Yet, his body demanded otherwise. There was no avoiding it. No amount of will could put an end to one's thirst, one's hunger. To ignore them would bring more folly than to not. Virsisé mused of what it would be like if he did not have to live by the whim of such needs, needs which seemed so petty in the grand scheme of things. He inhaled the moist air, inhaling numerous scents, before he ducked his head to sip from a stream. 

Crisp, clean, and wild. Images unfurled in his mind of fountains and courtyards, the glisten of water- of rain -on stone. He lifted his head. 

His ears pricked forward. Was he forewarned? No. This was no dream, and yet... 

"Who is there?"

Perhaps it was merely a shadow, the steps of some animal- a lesser thing which would not speak to him. Perhaps it was merely the dream of a dream. He could not remember; they seemed so dim, suddenly, despite the grandeur he stood upon. The wisdom he was so close to grasping. In his heart he felt that this was a test, a true one. Regardless, the notion that another was in his presence was a potent one. Before him, behind him; he did not know. It was only that he thought, in that moment, he was not alone. But in a place such as this, there was no guarantee it was anything but a foolish fancy. 

"I shall not speak to no-one. If you are there, come out." He spoke once more, his deep voice etched with the beginnings of heat.

It was his imagination, Virsisé told himself. 

He must go on. There was no point in waiting. Yet, he waited. 

(ooc: ahhhh took a bit longer than I wanted but here you go, @Lala.)

Table © Chickadee for use on Xalypsis only.

Lala

she hits like ecstasy, comes up and bangs the sense out of me.

Sounds of running water played a tune in the damsel's auricles, soft purrs coming from the depths of her thorax as she hummed along to a song in her head. Inferno tresses swaying to and fro as the wind battled at her astonishing pelt, her irises following the silhouette of a fish down stream, the pad of her digits hovering upon its existence. She knew that she'd have to hunt for something much larger than a damn slimy fish head, but she was starving and there was no way she could go any further without something in her belly.

Lala continued the silent remedy in her head as she scooped up the fish, her honed claws piercing through the flesh and slightly contaminating the river with droppings of the aquatic animal's sanguine. Bringing the specimen to her jowls and in a huff she scarfed down the slimy creature, swallowing it whole with one bite then settling back on her haunches. Falling into a trance as she watched the shadows, entertained by the trees that danced in the wind.

Today it was dark, daunting, unnerving, and yet Lala felt a sense of calming - tranquil stoicism. The voices and visions came and went, only when she closed her eyes is when the chaos reigned havoc. Like a calm before the storm, everything, fell silent. It was oddly satisfying, at least for a little while. As consciousness reared its ugly head, she could feel herself being pulled back into the void of reality. First came the robust inner workings of ones valor, vibration of their rather static hymns detonated in her auricles. Alert, she most certainly was, the incubus whom spoke made sure of that. Her eyes finally regained their rhythm, fluttering like a butterflies wing as she rotates her massive crown in the direction whence the voice came. Her eyelashes were in synced motion, from where she sat Lala could only make trace the outline of the nomad. Her head titled, eyebrows raised in the slightest curiosity and thus her limbs began to tread upon the unknown beast.

Like mother once said, "curiosity killed the cat" and Lala was drawn to their tidings. At first sight the primal dame was astounded, bewildered and amused, albeit a crucifying hunger festered inside her body. The cloak of a copra embedded it's talons in the obsidian soil, damp and thirsty for more bloodshed. This empress whom entered the abyss only inches from the hoofed beast was designed in galactic lichens with hell's cataclysm a lit burning flame of lava canvasing her person and claws that shred the earth inch by inch. She is a mask of many alias's, held captive by the Devil. Lala is a very vain woman when it comes to her appearance, she set on how she was presented to new comers or lessers. Which explains her fair kept fur coat and her presence in such a being was an honor but she sensed a predatory volt begin to naturally surround herself - as if she were to launch an attack at any given time. Yet, she wouldn't do such a thing, she was a sociopath - not a monster.

It is I who have seen you amid the primal things, my friend, you called upon me and I so willingly answered. So, what have you to say? You are a new face and every new face has a name. Lala is my alias and if you don't mind, I'd be honored to know the name of whom I make acquaintance with.

Speech

@Virsisé

"ad perniciem solet agi sinceritas."

Ah, such crimson splendor. It was only a shame that the vibrant hues were shed across a lupine form and there, he inhaled deeply; the wind changed, and brought a scent to him. Shaded in blood and such that he was reminded again why he could be, at times, heedlessly foolish. A reckless figure, bold and rash, but he had little fear. His apprehension was merely a shade of caution, for he had already met and spoken to a canis in the past, such a curiosity that his yearning for knowledge surpassed any natural fear. This was another world, or so he told himself, after all. What rules once cowed him were no longer in place, and besides, he was confident in his abilities when facing a single wolf. 

But oh, then the pack arises, and he should grow wings and flee- But no. What emerged, embolden in red, was a singular form. And yes, Virsisé was entranced for a moment, but in that same instant he realized how deadly she was to him. Not in her teeth, her eyes, every movement that teased the fragile, primitive urges in his mind. She was like fire, and in the same way, drew him like a moth to flame. Her intent was not evident; he could sense the danger exuded from her, but his fear was not enough to send him across the water, into the depths of the island. What a fool. He would not die here, in this encounter, after all; he would not allow it. Not even dreams would bring such fate to him. 

He exhaled. Was she impertinent? No; in truth, his words, his demands, had been far more direct. Rather her politeness was a curiosity and he shifted his body as if in thought, neck drawn downwards as he faced her.

"You may call me Virsisé," was his calm reply in sonorous tones. "The honour is mine, to bear witness to such vibrancy. A sight I shall not forget."

Once more he breathed, and felt as though he stood upon a precipice. He had previously met a white she-wolf, demure, cast in darker shades than her form had conveyed. And here was a fiery form, blazing, her ferocity as clear as the sky. Shall he leave now? Shall he remain, and test himself further?

"I had called in curiosity, and you have indeed answered, crimson Lala. I thank you." Virsisé felt a shudder of distaste at this simpering but ah, it was not untrue. For once, in this place, truth remained in his domain. "Did I disturb your... hunt?" 

Such a word rang of the taboo. And yet it was tinged in irony, an echo of past meetings. 

"Speaking"

Table © Chickadee for use on Xalypsis only.

@Lala

(Very late, sorry about this ahhh.)