Banshee Screams ;
Lay where my demons lay

POLTERGEIST OMEN TOMBSTONE
roam where demons lay

They scream,  screaming ever still. Louder, louder and louder their screaming grows in manic spires of tenacity. I am running,  running but where? My heart is pounding against my chest, readily to rip through my bones if it could beat any faster, any harder. I am running but I do not know where, and I feel them coming. I can feel them coming. So I run. My legs are burning, engulfed in hellish fires of Tartarus scorned by Hades. His face flashes by in an instance, my heart skips a beat out of terrorized fear. Wicked grin stretched across black lips with chilled whispers of beckoning demise. Run, run faster – faster and faster.  Where am I going? My body is on fire. 

There is a presence surrounding black void chasm with watchful eyes staring all around. Silence be-weds in white noise of nothingness in maddening hum. Pools of Amethyst unravel beneath dark lashes, quickly shut tight by the burning, sharp pains of migraine fever. Heart beat drums within her ears beneath the silence, breath weighted upon fearful stir. This pain came swiftly, and yet knew not why. Stomach churns in nausea, as she rolls onto her side. Intestinal burning forces yellow bile from emptied abdomen to vomit from her jowls What in the seven hells-- Mind racing, effortless Poltergeist trying to combine two and two but could never find the answer of four. Her magic deemed useless unable to break through hardened floors to spring forth desiring aide to ease these hellish pains. “I don’t know where I am.” sputtering whisper hissed in crumbling breath.  Fear lamented her shoulders. Her voice did not carry an echo trapped in a nothingness. 

You are weak. Pathetic. Usssselesssss.
You cannot run forever.

Serpentine hiss growled in many as if several entities surrounded her body. Disillusion and hallucinations triggered further scaling her schizoid madness. Gasp hitched from dark lips, tail tucked between hindquarters trying to decide which way to run but -… her body did not move. Lips parted to speak yet no words were able to expel from her breath, tongue-tied and twisted. Breath seized in effort to distill the continuing pain until finally her voice tore through the rapture of nothingness agony of banshee scream ripped through chasm halls.
"I am talking"

Table © Soar & Art © define-DEAD

@Essence

all that was, is, and will ever be.

“Sometimes a god must allow what he hates to accomplish that which he loves.”

We can feel her pain. Every shred of agony, every ion of excoriation, they flow through us as they do her, though we cannot, and will not crumble beneath such a weight. Her veins would constrict further, until the air to her lungs ceased, and consciousness throughout her psyche would churn violently until the very bitter end. She was undergoing the transformation; the great, and blessed metamorphosis, already planted like live seeds within her kernel, waiting to flower, and thorn their way through vessels, at least currently, in tact. Is she lonely, or simply alone, writhing in so much desperation that some vague semblance of awareness brought her to the very site of which her answers furtively dwell. 

Her moans, her quiet pleads, fell upon all deaf ears but ours, our desire to beseech such torment rising, but ever still within appropriate confines. The girl will learn that suffering is growth, healing is suffering, and the road to enlightenment was tremulous at best. She is unable to move now. And at last, she screams, whatever else plagued her existence also taking the opportunity to wreak havoc on a vulnerable cognizance. Our presence materializes silently, wolven threads of chrome and silver plating each hirsute strand, the sheer brightness of our being a brilliant pharos of ethereal luminescence midst the Chasm's engulfing darkness. 

Long, roving limbs make no sound as we approach her from behind, our paw reaching heavenward, to gently palm the back of her once silken, now battered crown. Would she shy away from our touch, or would she embrace it? Would her state, perhaps even before the syndrome began to resurface, even allow her to be aware of our realness, our palpable proximity whose profundity chilled and warmed even the most frothing and frigid of demeanor. 

With our gentle contact in place, we probed her mind, sifting through and around each labyrinthine corner and wall with all the care we could muster. She was a very ill woman; atop our blessings of the syndrome she endured her own genetic abnormalities. These voices within her mind; they surely oft drove her into the shadows, seeking to eventually rid her of the shell that housed her soul. Her mind was wired to kill her; how very fascinating, and tragic. 

▲ “We honor your suffrage, daughter.”▲

We speak unto her through telepathy alone, for it might have been the only way to reach a soul buried beneath so much effervescent chaos. 

▲ “While you are with us...your pain will be absent. Your mind must be open, and willing, to receive what we must divulge.”▲

Heed, and listen closely.
▲ And let our thoughts become one. ▲

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Monsters in the trees

Pain. Burning, hellish pain seized muscle and joint to stiffen and subdue her movement. Heart raced in vigor beat of nightmare-fright. Taunting whispers and shade-movement teased and tormented her mind in which she effortlessly wanted to run from. There was no time to waste: there was work she needed to be done. The hairs along her nape rose suddenly with a chill rolling down her spine feeling the back of her skull touched in gentle caress. Her heart skipped a beat, questioning the reality around her: was something there or was this another cruel game in which her mind oft jested in macabre tease?  Should she try to withdraw and tread further into the chasm or stay, investigate, discover what could possibly may or may not be within her presence?  Lilac eyes were sealed shut and breath shallow as if to pretend to hide despite being seen, perhaps. Schizoid beasts beckoned her to dismiss the touch, find her legs and move onward. Though curiosity never did leave the reclusive woman despite the fear the knotted within her chest. Her pain was slowly beginning to deteriorate – for now. We honor your suffrage, daughter. Unfamiliar sound found her mind an touched her senses, forcing her to instinctively turn to face the enigma before her. 

Heart fluttered as she unconsciously took one small childish step back, dark ears folded against her silver skull as lilac eyes painted upon a form she could not depict. The colors were painted in a brilliant heavenly silver-lining chrome and blinding white. Her brows furrowed with inquiry, confusion and the effort to depict of whether or not this entity was true or simply a phantom.   While you are with us...your pain will be absent. Your mind must be open, and willing, to receive what we must divulge. Long tail curled between her haunches with uncertainty, yet her head tilted with curiosity. It spoke of several yet it was just one. Poltergeist took hardly a second to glance around to determine if it were just the two of them or if there were more. Serpentine hiss growled in anger to coax her to leave – to run some more so it could chase her further and yet she remained. “I do not understand.”  brittle words hoarsely slipped from her dark lips before clearing her throat. She hated when she could not decipher an event she knew nothing of. 

It beckoned her to open her mind, Poltergeist fell hesitant. There was noise, so much noise ringing, screaming, shouting inside her head. Sometimes images that were never truly there, painted into the canvas of her sight. The weight of her body gave way, forcing her into a sit. Exhaustion but she was fighting it – too frightened, and unsure of the being before her. “Are you real, or has my mind made you?” 

"Listen to me"

@Essence

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”

We are as real as the agony that plagues you, child.

Our words are laced with a tender indifference; we sympathize, truly, with her plight, and are aware of the light with which she was birthed, though darkness afflicts every moment of the young woman's life. 

Her battle has, unbeknownst to her, strengthened her, fortified every fiber of the gray matter within her skull in order to fight the demonic forces lingering within her genetic code. Such a sickly girl, we muse to ourselves in absent minded silence, for we are careful not to posture ourselves aggressively. Her fight was truly warranted, given the tremors present therein her mental, and spiritual stability. 

With smooth chrome lips we beseech her gently, yet with the collective voice of all things alive and dead. 

We must help you find your own voice among the thousands careening therein thine skull, my daughter.

We raise our paw again, offering her our touch once more. 

We beg of you...let us quiet your mind.

@Poltergeist

Lay where my demons lay

Monsters in the trees

We are as real as the agony that plagues you, child. Shoulders reclined as words breathed with lucid tranquil hum from the enigma’s words. Its presence brought a strange calming sedative that seemed to carefully force her into her sit and her shoulders to slump. However her facial expressions remained hardened with scrutiny and uncertainty, her heart provided nervous rhythms as it spoke of her mental turmoil –it knew. No one else knew other than mad blind man with tied and stranger friendship. No one else needed to know – at least to her knowledge. Dark lips pressed together in soft stoic line, lonesome exhale breathed from her nostrils overcome by and underwhelming presence of calming tranquility. Is this what it felt like when the world was not out to get her? When the monsters were not plaguing her mind? It was numbing and … different

We must help you find your own voice among the thousands careening therein thine skull, my daughter. Brows furrowed as she looked upon the delicacies of a chrome-stained silhouette. Its appendage stretched out in offering of touch of which Poltergeist was never fond of: yet felt her head curl with in its cusps. Her heart fluttered unknown of what to think of this – and this frightened her ever so.  So, she would search for an outlet: typical measure of excuse to escape and yet she could not find one.  We beg of you...let us quiet your mind. Crown lifted to gently pull away from the enigma’s touch, brows furrowed with lack of understanding. The madness could never be silenced – as it was there, it was always there in some form or fashion. There was a monster-behemoth locked and chained away beneath the barricade of her mind that longed so hungrily to be released to wreck destruction-havoc throughout its path. Only few times did it ever manage its escape yet by willful force it had been restrained again. “They cannot be silenced.” disdain and melancholy cooed solemnly from the maidens breath as her gaze tore away and drifted to void-ground.  “They speak when they wish, they listen to what they want and they see what they hunger.” 

"Listen to me"

@Essence

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”

What potent insolence; displayed not even in the spirit of defiance, but from the vessels of fear which now coaxed her blood to flow, and wild eyed she looks upon us, delirious, obstinate, and mindlessly edging towards the brink of her very death. We felt the calm within her the moment we lain paw across the slender pillar of her neck; she was only denying herself relief now, hell bent to succumb unto her own illness before even rising to greet the one asserting itself anew. 

She draws away, despite our solaces, and now threatens flee. With a meditative, slow wave of our front limbs, our slender torso and spine sitting divinely upon poised and balanced flat hinds, we erect a harmless, yet impenetrable barrier in both our midst, and would she touch it she would merely feel the relief, and liberation from the psychotic noise as though she were once again feeling our own touch. So run, Poltergeist...you poor, fretful thing; we cannot allow you to shy away from that which gave you illness, and that which can alleviate it. 

We approach her once more, and we cannot help our ominous descent upon her sensory awareness. 

You hide nothing from us.

Flee. Flee so that we may catch you, and cradle you like you forlornly deserve. 

You cannot deny you felt the touch of healing; be strong, daughter.

We bring our paw to our lips, face up, blowing with gustless breath a cloud of glimmering spores in her direction, an age old remedy of our own, made of highly spiritually processed amino acids to promote lucidity. We gaze upon her for a moment, and watch as the dust settles upon her form, and for the first time since she has called upon our presence, we are blessed with a glimpse of the true beauty beneath her damaged surface. 

Now...be strong, and trust this supposed delusion. Trust that we are here, truly, with you. Trust, that we would never harm you, like the other voices so oft threaten.

Our alabaster stare of cosmic profundity widens with imploring intensity. 

Do it, daughter, or we will lose your precious self to a death you could have prevented.

@Poltergeist