impertinence
Tîr galikh n'ala kîlîn, ra hu galad abkhu’ khama.

Hover over words for translations.

His laughter a roar of beguilement towards her derisive articulation, followed by baritone words that emanated little care for titles and truth, but only for something to refer to her as. Indignant, the eggshell wolf scoffed, deftly disregarding such haphazard regard as folly as opposed to perhaps the wisest assumption to be made when encountering a stranger. Of course, the canine did not always adopt a naive visage, the act of being so foolish to the world was a frequent mistake made by kaleidoscopic psyche to curious to regard creatures with a healthy dose of fear.

There silence was interrupted as Knurlnien was called to attention, name rolling from baritone lips in comfortable accord, as though testing its' weight. The female waited, watching with vermillion eye and falsely curious guise as approval moved with the dipping of noble head, doubling in task to safely store the valuable object the alabaster wolf could barely keep her eyes turned away. He seemed enrapt in silent regard, before voicing a title impeccably disingenuous to her own ear. A devious fire of indigo delight encompassed with purpose foretold by a lantern that ebbed with life akin to that of a sentient being. The woman giggled, noting his humorous use of her mundane translation as opposed to her true calling, swiftly swallowing the sound as she lowered her stomach gently, inching forth to regard the object so dearly guarded by feet - and jaws.

"It is a pleasure, Jackal Vur, to make your acquaintance. I have never met a g - adnun before." Vermillion eyes squinted upwards out of respect, before darting back towards the lantern. "And it is a pleasure to meet such beauty that is both Fortitude and Gloom in relationship. Emory - Misery, I must know the nature of this... being." Knurlnien had decided that this lantern that so dutifully housed the cusp of life was but a being in its' own right, but whether it was a mind that could speak and be spoken too, was something she would have to decipher. She righted her figure, turning towards Jackal with eager desire for knowledge.

@Jackal

He Spoke to Me in Madness and I understood His Reason

citrus crescent moon

This interaction was the proof of a Lantern's value to a Vagabond's life.  Too some, she caught their attention for only the first few instances, before they found better use engaging with the blindman himself.  Too others, she consumed their entire curiosity, until that silent anxiety in his chest would rise; the jealous protector of his prize.  She, his Lantern, did this to tease him, to remind him who truly owned whom in their eternal relationship.

Her chilled animosity, or perhaps it was a lightly hostile indifference, thawed as heartbeats continued to calculate their time together.  Jackal's ears continuously rotated, soaking in the sounds of their environment as much as the life of Knurlnien half a pace away.  Her accent, her words, were delicious to consume. "It is a pleasure, Jackal Vur, to make your acquaintance.  I have never met a g-adnun before." A title he'd never heard before, whose meaning he did not truly know, yet gave him pleasure none the less.  "And it is a pleasure to meet such beauty that is Fortitude and Gloom in relationship.  Emory-Misery.  I must know the nature of this ..being."

The Vagabond's heart sang.  Elation, thrill, adrenaline combined in his blood.  The woman's instinct was impeccable, an aspect Jackal respected.  A new craving sparked in his gut, but he let the thoughts float free from his conscious attention.  They could be considered at a later time.  Before him she sat.  He felt her gaze burn onto his face, anticipating impatience a frenzy of tingling energy on his skin.

With a huff of laughter, Jackal pondered where too begin.  Nose dipped to the iron box, engaging with the entity to comprehend what She would prefer of his words.  Her communication with him was oft through emotion and impression of instict. This was the case in his considering silence. Pleasure. Complimented.  Willingness.  SHE was crafted centuries before I ever existed.  The truth of Her age is unknown; what or who She was before this star-iron frame is likewise unknown.  She understands.  She can manipulate her elements, She can impress and guide and consume You if She wills.  In my culture, the Lantern is crafted for the Vagabond.  Yet, I was crafted for Her.

Words

@Knurlnien

Jackal possesses the Unicorn's Tear. He is able to heal any wound but his own.

Laughter clear as impish song resounded through the clearing as the sun rose to the heights; illuminating the pair in titian hue. She stood silhouetted - bathed with light as fuschia gaze followed the movements of the amaranthine wolf who engaged with the object with gentle attention. His baritone lilt caught her attention then and the woman listened with innocent focus as he referred to the object as SHE; omnipotency encased in a shield of iron decoration. Knurlnien thought her eyes deceived her as curious focus rendered an intensity to the little flame in response to the illustrious articulation of the noble male.

"Bunmel!" She exclaimed in an excited whisper, lowering her slender figure to regard this 'she' on an equal level. Knurlnien turned her attention away from Jackal then, sanguine eyes fixated on the elegant representation of control framed by a picturesque beauty and profound knowledge. Was she made for a being such as this? Lupus questioned curiously, child-like curiosity playing too dangerously into the arms of the unknown and yet... "I am intrigued by your splendor, O' Emory Misry." She addressed the beautiful lantern herself - a simple glanced spared for the amaranthine male as if seeking approval.

"You must tell me more of the likeness that is this Lantern, and the nature of the Vagabond." Rising, the wolf righted herself; adopting a more respectable poise than what was previously displayed as she carefully regarded her newly discovered companion. "To say I am curious of your culture is a terrible understatement."

@Jackal [ Wahhh this is so short and sloppy, but HOLY COW I finally replied. QwQ ]

He Spoke to Me in Madness and I understood His Reason

Image by Tasha!

Her intrigue was not a new experience for the Vagabond.  The keystone of his success was Her allure.  The dance of Her light, the design of Her frame, the story embedded into her candle wax. He appreciated this expression of appreciation, for he felt it more so than they.  Yet it fed into his vicious sense of protection.  She had oft been the object of many desires: those who wished to dismantle Her for what She stood for, those who wished to take Her for what She was.  Rarely had such atrocious action been placed against him.  

Though his wariness was an edge at his spine, She did not feel the same sense of concern, and urged to be placed upon the earth for Her viewer to enjoy.  A gentle dip placed the Lantern on the earth before his paws, while his ears remained on her avid interests in his lifestyle.

A lifestyle he continued to perpetuate despite his very evident title.
The glee of rebellion was a pile of warm cinders in his chest.

A culture designed around Cardinal Directions, and experiences to develop the soul.  Restless wanderers seeking the path for enlightenment- he chuckled at the mention of such elevated matters. Speaking of its accomplishment as if it were so simple.  So easily obtainable.  Ultimately they seek others who desire the same, and offer them a journey, small or extensive, to uncover what might be found.  Perhaps a location desiring discovery.  Perhaps a civilization sought.  He tilted his head with a sly grin and a roll of his shoulder.  Truly it depends on the Vagabond, and the preferences of their Lantern.

A claw traced the edges of Her black frame. Excitement churned in their contact, but he could not decipher what caused his Lantern such thrill. What it such inspection of Her glory?  Or more? A tingle of suspicion touched his hackles.  With a smirk, he dismissed the instinctual concern.

*  speech  *  thought  *  telepathy  * Xandroth

Jackal possesses the Unicorn's Tear. He is able to heal any wound but his own.

As the indigo male placed the object - no, being, onto the soil, the eggshell femme's gaze followed closely, finding it difficult to tear her gaze from the foremost concept of their discussion. Slender legs stretched out slowly as Knurlnien found her dainty physique gently touching the grassy shanks that tickled her underside. As Jackal spoke, the female only kept her attention on Misery, studying every crevice of the black frame with an undaunted admiration.

"Enlightenment?" Knurlnien glanced up, interest peaking at the mention of their similar interests. It was intriguing that the wolf would find herself in the midst of one with a like mind, though their means of gaining that knowledge was perhaps adverse. Knurlnien found that she had adapted to questionable morals in her short time as a straggler. Turning her gaze back towards the lantern, the female felt a strange sensation as an idea flitted through her mind, mischievous and ultimately could cost the lupine her life. And yet a dull throb at her very core compelled her to submit to this temptation, willowy appendages inching ever closer to the Lantern as questions offered only distraction and a means of understanding. "So Jackal and Emory Misery are a single soul? Or two entities linked?"

The protective nature of the amaranthine wolf was cause to his gentle caress of a nail against the obsidian frame, the sound of this touch causing the female's ear to twitch - the scrape and clang of metal a silent urge to carry out this folly. She waited as if expecting an answer; when none came, and the male had dismissed his instinct Knurlnien did the unthinkable.

With a childish giggle that announced her intent, pearly teeth quickly latched onto the Lantern, that was now in close proximity of her face. She stood quickly, darting backward as to avoid any backlash before fleeing into the trees - at a pace that only beckoned for the male to give chase.

Was it only a game?

@Jackal [Heck I hope it's good enough, LOL.]