Gypsy Prince
Loki's Arrival - AW
Something wild calls you home

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

He had captured her with poetry, he saw, and he wasn’t sure what emotion it was that sight evoked. Loki’s molten-gold eyes watched her study the sand, envisioning each grain as a tiny, self-contained world and he thought, Finally, another that sees...another that understands why I would travel as I do. He had trusted few others with the knowledge of his nomadic existence, and those that he had had seemed appalled rather than enthralled. How could one live without a home? Without an anchor, a heritage? Always a bitter laugh, vile memories upon his tongue and upon his mind. Home was not a pleasant thought for him.

Do you not have the choice to come and go? There, the barb that stuck in his paw-pads, the vile twist to his gut that, even though only minutes past discovery felt like an old wound ripped open again. “Normally, yes,” Why was he telling her this? Eyes narrowed to slits and the crackle of amethyst lightning made his ears quiver as it danced about her as ethereal, lethal lace. Ozone hung strongly in the air upon its passing. Sweet incense from the candle flame twined about it like a lover’s caress, blackberry and sweet cream upon his tongue and it unhinged his jaw, offering even more words that he should have kept close. “This...place. It strangles the power I normally use to create the Rift. I…” he struggled for words. He was not used to talking this much, “I must understand how to access it again before I can go.” he could see the other questions burning in her dark face, in the unsettling glow of her pupil-less eyes that should have unsettled him but instead intrigued him. He could hear the reluctance in her voice, the universal politeness that obligated her to return his wary introduction with her own. The tiger had faded to the back of his mind. This mulberry she-wolf, though fragile, scattered, vulnerable, was important. Morgana.

“A pleasure,” he intoned in measured voice, a perfect balance of interest and apathy tha muddled his true feelings to obscurity. His joints ached, the gypsy itch to move grinding down his patience for remaining in place for long, even if it was only to travel upon the terrestrial plane. Chin raised, he peered over the heads of the wolfess and her tiger guardian, and to the mountains beyond, but then drew back to the two forms upon the beach. His eyes settled briefly again upon the stone about her neck and he forced his gaze to keep traveling. That stone contained power, as did the Lantern situated betwixt her paws, but it kept crackling, emitting energy, as if it had an excess...perhaps, enough, to open a rift.

He forced his dark lips up into a smile, his joints loosening as he rose and padded towards her, the charming prince with his saffron crown. Loki was not a stranger to the effects his striking appearance could have but usually spent more time concealing it than trying to flaunt it. But now he let his sun-fire eyes burn, looking upon the dark plum maiden with only half-feigned appreciation. He approached her from the off side of the tiger, keeping her body between them, and dipped his head. “Seldom have I visited a world with others such as I,” his rough voice dropped to a husky whisper, “It’s not often that I have the pleasure. I’m glad that you found me.” It felt a little forced, even to him, but this wasn’t an interaction that he had often. He was in her space now, his muzzle inches from her mane of fur, and his breath was hot and smoke-filled as he exhaled. Jaws parted, his body tense in every muscle...and then he lunged.

Jaws snapped closed about the cord around her throat. In the strength of the wolf’s jaws, the cord snapped, and just as quickly the lava and obsidian-toned canus leapt away. Morgana’s amethyst gem hung in his jaws, though he felt no triumph in his success. Instead with one last, fleeting look he darted towards the jungle, determined to find a way to harness whatever power he needed to continue on his nomadic journey.

template by kyley

This world is filled with monsters

Morgäna Uciliece
               this world is filled with monsters...

Head tilted with the question of travel between place to place slipped raven lips. Muted plum ears swiveled with one remaining folded and the other upright facing the man to feed her curious inquires. Normally, yes.  Unusual long tail shifted in the sands as chest huffed with an amused hum. A pause slipped between the two with ocean waves humming in the background along with occasional gull bantering overhead.  Brilliant white eyes searched magma pools, observing the struggle that seemed to etch with uncertainty. This...place. It strangles the power I normally use to create the Rift. I… Morgana studied the sands further intrigued by it acronym description of how each tear in time was just only partial to the amount of sand beneath her toes. I must understand how to access it again before I can go. Her brows knitted with more questions withheld beneath her tongue until names were shared as she hesitated her introduction. Just as he withheld his surname, she had done the same – despite she had long since dropped her fathers name and kept old of her mothers-maiden.  A pleasure. Came Loki’s voice, reeling her attention away for absent thought. Small frown tugged the corners of her lips with disbelief  - a lie to escape his jaws.  There was no pleasure in meeting a monster.  

As the man stood, so too did her tiger with caution watching evident wry smile. Muted plum woman remained still, hovering over her lantern like a protective mother bird among her hatchlings. Amethyst rock illuminated soft lilac glow in electrical current of constant energy fed by its wielder. There was another surge of energy that rolled down her spine forcing nerves to tremble where she sat.  This kinetic energy was difficult to tame: if it even was that – nevertheless, she knew she had a better grasp on it than some in her family who had struggled. Even so, it hurt like hell.  She’d paid little mind to Loki’s approach: hardly catching on until the gap between them had come to a tight close and she felt the tension lock in her joints  – what--?.  Her head did not move but her eyes followed golden -fire as he approached with distance between he and her tiger. Envy extinguished herself in a taunt as the man approached. Young maiden felt her skin crawl with discomfort – her personal space invaded and walls released her imaginative barrier. “Don’t---” 

Seldom have I visited a world with others such as I,  Her brows knitted, puzzled by his words – did he just compare her to him? She was the oddball of the bunch, an outcast  -  and he a traveler of sorts, a stranger to meet just moments ago. It’s not often that I have the pleasure. I’m glad that you found me.   The next moments felt as if they happened almost too quickly. Morgana attempted to pull away as he lunged, black horsetail which tied the stone to her neck bounced in the motion of her movements and soon found the jowls of the Gypsy man, severing between his teeth. Nickel-white eyes widened as she felt her heart sink into her stomach as he began to take off with her artifact. “No-!”  Nameless tiger thundered with a savage growl as he lunged after the man in a chase. He cut through the left in hopes to block his path if managed to reach the obsidian-scarlet wolf. 

Her lips curled back exposing white gum-line and matching teeth as the hairs on her neck stood and rolled down to her shoulders. A burst of electrical energy surged from her being, increasing her heart rate. Lantern was snatched from the sands as she took off in a rage in an effort to retrieve her stone, never mind the consequence which followed with the smallest sign of blood drizzling from her nose caused by the amount of magic-energy. “That’s mine!!” Her tone growled with greed and coveted envy with lantern hanging from her own jaws. In the meantime the Amethyst hanging from thief's jaws began to spark with cackling pops following a painfully slow fade. Alabaster eyes narrowed as she struggled her focus on the man, aiming to send an electrical web to stretch between them - aiming for his paws to at least: trip him, lose his footing.

... and i am one of them

"Speak"
Code By Tasha

Smol Summary: Morgana is using her electricity to stretch out similar to what lightning does and give him a little zap, but she's already using way too much cause shes mangry. And the tiger is trying to cut him off from getting away. 

@Loki Anor

Something wild calls you home

Riff raff, Street Rat

Needles stabbed his gums and tongue, his prize not content to simply accept its change of ownership with placidity. The static current trickled down his throat and raced the firing of nerves down his spine, threatening to make his step falter as muscles twitched. Now see what you’ve gotten yourself into, Rya whispered in his ear and the young traveler grimaced, clamping his teeth down harder upon the braided cord.

Stop, thief! Vandal!

Rage followed him. Finally something other than demure coolness from the plum-colored she-wolf. A darting glance to the side saw the flash of white and black trying to cut him off. Adrenaline birthed euphoria and a savage grin, the first unmitigated true emotion to crack the gilded mask, spread across the dark wolf’s face. He was not a large wolf, but what he lacked in size and bulk he made up for in speed...as if a fire had been lit under his paws.

One jump, ahead of the lawmen

Loki juked to the right, away from the tiger’s pursuit just as a crackling net of electric energy cast out to snare him. He leapt, twisting in midair and fed his own energy into the amethyst, trusting in his knowledge of magical artifacts enough to assume that most were not particular about the flavor of what they consumed, so long as it were fuel. Burn it, he thought, knowing that lightning was simply another form of heat, that it would be a small thing to transform the energy of the stone to match his own brand of destruction. In this, he was wrong.

One skip, ahead of my doom

The backlash from the stone’s absolute refusal to bend to his wishes did two things; the first was that it shoved his own flame back at him, into him, with so much force that he felt that his very flesh would be burned away. His eyes seared, he smelled scorched flesh and fur, an inferno roared down his throat. The second thing was that the force of that backlash, that semi-intelligent kinetic energy pushed him out of the reach of the noose Morgana had attempted to throw around his neck. Loki’s mind reeled even as the landscape flipped end over end.

One trick, ahead of disaster

Landing without serious injury was only possible because of the forgiving sands that rolled with him, coating him in a sparkle of white faerie dust as he ground to a stop...but not for long. Despite the fact that his coat was literally smoking in patches and each breath felt like a sandpaper wedge being forced down his throat he maintained his grip upon the stone on its horsehair cord, convinced more than ever that this thing, should he uncover its secrets, had enough energy potential for what he needed. He forced his feet to move, a shambling run this time but the clash of energy had, serendipitously, given him a wider gap between himself and his pursuers. He chanced a glance over his shoulder. An inkblot of motion, tail streaming--he had never noticed the white striping along Morgana’s spine--with her Lantern clasped between her jaws, was coming after him.

They’re quick, but I’m much faster

He had reached the jungle’s edge. A tangle of vines like a wall rose before him and he paused. His head pounded, his body felt like it was wrung out, but perhaps he could lose them in the cover of the foliage.

Better throw my hand in, wish me happy landing, all I gotta do is jump

With a deep breath, the swarthy wolf plunged into green-tinted twilight of the jungle and raced into the unknown.

"Speaking"

Table © Chickadee for use on Xalypsis only.

OOC:: Somehow...this post lined up with Aladdin music and I'm still cracking up. Also...I'mma let you reply to this one and then start a new thread in the jungle, K? :) 

This world is filled with monsters

Morgäna Uciliece
               this world is filled with monsters...

Dark muted plum ears melted against her skull as she leveled her head with her shoulders for her agility. Long tail sashayed from behind in the movements of a rain dancer begging the GODS to send rains to wash away summer heat. Alabaster eyes narrowed grimly with envious fury smoldering her dark face. Electrical currents coursed through delicate strands occasionally through her body forcing her heart rate to increase. It was something she’d not quite yet mastered or skilled herself with when it came to using her magic energy. She watched his movements and his agile motions in which he’d counter – or dodge her reach. Sands sent flying in the air like in small bursts between either beast as if a sandstorm was emerging. Morgäna cursed under her breath as she pushed herself further in hopes to gain speed. However, her lungs had since begun to burn with exertion. Jowls clenched keeping her focus. Why did he take her necklace? What value did he think it possessed? It was simply a purple rock in which she wore around her neck ever since her mother had given her when she was just barely beginning to walk. Though it did help settle the constant active kinetic energy. It reacted given her temper, flaring in sharp sparks of lightning when disturbed. It proved its ownership when stolen from her neck as it retaliated against the thief who’d taken it from her. 

Brows rose at his halt before the Jungles edge, hoping she or tiger-knight could close in. All she wanted was to take back what was rightfully hers: and leave. But, just before she could finally reach him, he slipped away through brush and bramble of Jungle cascades. Morgäna came to a staggering halt, paws skidded and buried into sands. Chest heaved in heavy breath and lantern-held jaw agape with disdain. Her blood boiled with tempered anger. Her tiger was not far behind as he slowed his gait and came from behind. His expression hardened as he sighed with frustration.  “Here.” she huffed, handing off her lantern to her feline beast. Envy’s light seemed to have giggled ever thrilled to be part of such a stir of events!  Static rolled down her body before dissipating just as quickly as it had stirred. Droplets of blood oozed from her nose, her magic fluxed in an unstable current. Raven paws reached to touch casted shadows in which she seemed to begin to melt and dissolve into them. “Morgäna..--”  Nameless beast laced her name with concern though she said nothing to him and immersed into jungle walls. She wasn’t entirely sure how long she could maintain this: but at the moment, it never did cross her mind.  “Do not follow me.” 

... and i am one of them

"Speak"
Code By Tasha

wheeee. 
Am I making the new thread or you? 

@Loki Anor