Induction
He Spoke to Me in Madness and I understood His Reason

the nexus of sensation

Jackal felt the budding growth of a plan sprout in the forefront of his mind.  He nourished it with drizzles of words and warmth of his ambition, but refused to conceptualize in full what he hoped would shortly occur.  A superstition, a belief that to linger too early, or too long, would stunt the grandosity that was oft uncovered by his instinct and purposeful action. You must allow it to grow,  a mantra the earthen beast maintained.    In this situation, he could merge the pathways.  Excitement tingled down his spine.  Toes flexed.  Fingers curled.  A drum in his chest became defeaning, an acknowledgment of a wait he was not consciously aware he withstood now entering limelight.  Greedily, rushing forth this strain on his patience, the urgency of his desire, the want for her to surpass her suspicions and follow, because it was worth their time to do so, together.

Maddening.
Maddening it was to want her in such a way
that his own sufferage scars burned in his ambition
the desire they tried to bleed out of him

Jackal grinned disconcertiing triumph at no one, lost in the swell of his convoluted emotion and her presence 
growing closer.
Nostrils inhaled blood-heat.  Skin soaked in the vibrations of her nearing step. Earrings chimed like fearie bells.  Energy radiated from her, searing bursts of inquisition.

What business would that be? Her alto was a dangerous elixir. Muscles quivered.  Jackal inhaled another breath, and began preparations for furthering his proof.  The only way he could find through the thick bramble and stone walls she continued to conjure between them on the astral plane. 

He reached for her there as well
Looming ocean storm of navy
succulent temptation of a blood orange
Reaching fingers of mist and fog
permeating the distance

Why.
Ah, his heart stopped in his appreciation of her demand. 

Because of the questions I have not yet answered.
And the path still left untouched by our paws
Follow me northwest
I will answer everything
clear
and concise.

He leaned forward, still gripping his Lantern, and engaged with her emerald haze. No matter her next decision, he would still shed this skin before her. Allow her eyes to believe. He sneered at this weakness. Yet he could not bring himself to move any further, inhale another breath, until her voice touched his ears.

Jackal * Thoughts * Ysabeaux

@Ysabeaux

Jackal possesses the Unicorn's Tear. He is able to heal any wound but his own.
Travel I, in dreams, when the material world should weigh me down I fly, unburdened by the suffocating chains of reality.

Come Faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like flame.

Lead
Follow
Dance

Like fingers weaving into her fur, this man that also claimed to be wolf burrowed more deeply into her psyche, digging through the layers of shields in which she had encased herself both consciously and not, the same shields that her abilities slid through with quicksilver ease. There was something in his questing touch that spoke to her, called forth images and other sensory memories in the same way that Jackal drew her scent into his lungs in a very wolflike manner.

Caught up in his all-encompassing attention the painted she-wolf had remained motionless, and now her nostrils flared, inhaling back their mingled scents; ginger, citrus, and the biting spice of chile all melded with the burning incense of the Lantern. The bouquet seeped through her skin and sang in her blood, and that erupting inferno seared away another layer, burned through the undergrowth of mental blockades.

This time the influx of memory rocked her like a physical blow to the head. A dance, a duel, a clashing of mind and wit. Her coat shuddered, breath coming deeper and more richly, her body craving more even as he mind rebelled. Lantern handle gripped in strong jaws rather than those slender digits, phantom breath upon her neck, aromas of coffee and civilization. Cool, silvered steel against her skin. The infinite schism that kept those monsters at bay narrowed, the tendrils of her astral abilities twining together to form the framework of a bridge. But she would not cross, even though each image, each whisper, each unique scent erupted little microflares in her veins, ticking up her internal temperature to scour away her delusions. Her paw pads grew damp, though the night was cool.

Follow me northwest. I will answer everything. The words raked hot coals across her ears. Lips parted, breath coming faster, equal parts desire and rejection a vexating war within her. The heat within her kindled with a little more life--one that pushed at her skin from the inside, probing, trying to find relief. Did she want to know? Was fear the only thing that kept her running, driving her from an entirely new frontier?

“I will follow,” her voice, husky and low, “Blind Wolf.”

TEMPLATE CREDIT BY KYLEY

@Jackal