Bowing to the Light
The stars are in blossom, the moon is in flower, and bright are the windows of night in her tower.

هذا الصباح انتقلنا الشمالية 
مرة أخرى
من خلال الأدغال غريب.
ونحن نعلم أن العدو ما زال يتبع:
في الليل نرى نيرانهم،
بعد يوم غبارها. 

This morning we moved north again
through strange bush.
We know the enemy still follows;
by night, we see their fires,
by day their dust.

He would speak, quite superfluously, but not with any breed of untruth. They slid together, cascaded within an entwined algorithm so unlike the language to which I was accustomed, and yet our differences brought no fundamental prejudice at my feet. A creature which lived and did as he pleased perhaps...but something internal ate at him, pawed at the door of his consciousness, aching to be released or imprisoned, I could not tell. Admittance be damned, he was a masterful harbor of intrigue, and my interest, whether it would keep me longer in his presence or guide me further into the mouth of beautiful hell eclipsing us, I would forever remember him. 

I do not regard him as he wanders,
for I had no rebuttal to give his statements.

The void suppressed itself inside me. 
I had tainted his view of me, perhaps,
and though I would voraciously search
for the core of the call that brought me here,
I truly did mean him no harm.

I could not help but smile suddenly.
I nodded my head somberly, 
taking his odd, wise language to heart. 

What deliciously rotten welcome he had wrought. 
But he were no self erected wall
sent to halt my dealings. 

I then looked upon him at last
my dark eyes once again 
pits, curved and slanted
in the expression of acceptance. 

“You...speak the truth, Juryoku...sir.” 

I pivot my elegance toward him 
as he affirms his own neglect of any 
further action I may take. 

My plumage settles, no longer ruffled
slender ears once again relaxed against my crown.
He holds a mysterious card in his midst
and I can sense it by the way he esteems
this place, its lustrous aural imminence 
bathed in everything, and bathing
all in basking glow of everything.

His molecules divert from my own;
yet I know not how. 

“Nature's jowls indeed.” 

I concurred. 

“I could smell the island's poison during the swim. Your warning is sound.” 

Would each leaf I brushed past
make my skin erupt in boils
or would the prey itself be 
toxic so that all ecosystems
would constantly be at war?

“...I will go to wherever the beacon originates.” 

Wherever it hides.

Heed, and listen closely.

@Juryoku

You need someone you can believe in—this I will declare: trust me, I'll be there.

JurYoku
Just like an animal, I protect my pride

What was heard did not carry to the belief he boiled up inside. Ears flapped in their usual unclearness as a brow rose in his search for a turn around less than that of understanding. He knew better to not sketch out the response of one, but did the male really have to fall in line anymore?

Demon gaze fell as neck lessened its support; body seemed bewildered of itself while steps went on in an imprecise manner. Although mind had not a complete shut down, it had taken its downfall. Feathered legs trudged body back up the shores; only a few feet away before stretching till belly touched the ground. There he lain in thought, however, his attention remained on the dame before—listening at the repeat of his own words previously. He shook his head, tail patting about from the nervous energy he forcefully stored. A smirk upon mask at the mention of poison this land wafted; silently distraught for lungs had grown to enjoy its toxins.  "Wear yourself a beast, such poison will welcome you," he simply spoke, marking the sand in front of him.

Embraced by the tranquility, self lost his stretched position once ears caught the response to his last inquiry. Hind legs were now tucked close to their base while pressure shifted fully onto his side. Skull rested on his shoulders, crimson eyes soft in their structure as if all hope vanished right then and there.  "Ooh. Setting forth to a higher range?" he lightly questioned even though he did not truly value an answer.  "Brought under to hell, I can only give my best wishes. I've fallen short, there is not a speck of entrusting such light will ever come near me. When the room becomes more clear, perhaps vibrant—I expect you rather play more than a shadow, yes?" he noted out, mind awaiting to see her next step. After sipping along with a demon, the male has felt less driven to try that in speaking with the one that holds this island dear. There was no use, there was no use for him. Although his lack of self-will, he would still keep his filthy soul open to the light that so rarely reigned upon his darkness.

@Royal Phoenix

The stars are in blossom, the moon is in flower, and bright are the windows of night in her tower.

هذا الصباح انتقلنا الشمالية 
مرة أخرى
من خلال الأدغال غريب.
ونحن نعلم أن العدو ما زال يتبع:
في الليل نرى نيرانهم،
بعد يوم غبارها. 

This morning we moved north again
through strange bush.
We know the enemy still follows;
by night, we see their fires,
by day their dust.

Her father claimed her true power could never be controlled, hence she should never practice it. But out on the edges of the desert kingdom, it was merely she and the spirits, and she welcomed them all, no matter the moral alignment of their substance. 

Veiled deep within the tangled web of wilderness and harrowing celestial grace, she remained achingly still. Frozen to the bone in concentration, she was embroiled by her reflection in the sifting sands. 

Swallowed by her own slumbering cognition, it lay  beneath each consuming layer of meditative obscurity. Consciousness would weave, with a serpent's reptilian grace and desirous terror, betwixt all fabrics of reality and dream, the luscious squirm of throbbing flesh and writhing cells echoing with the rhythm of her dormant heartbeat, visions of witchcraft spewing lips hot with envy engulfing each fraying barrier left between her eternal soul, and the exquisite void.

His words would carry 
in the solemn graces 
of arrogance ever still, 
but I welcomed such
tactics now, respected them
far more than before
I presented unto him
the innards of myself
and terrifying access
midst a portal which 
utilized would have flung
his very being into 
the empty veins of space. 

I can only wish the same for you...for when the will within you possibly presents itself.

I speak with the intent of integrity, 
and yet in the back of my mind
my thoughts scoff at his indifference
coupled with insincere love for 
the sacred land upon which he stood. 

The beacon wants all beings to seek it
how can he not hear the intricacy
of the vibration on which the 
pharos exquisitely shines? 

My judgment is a mar 
upon this congregation, 
but it comes fleetingly 
and leaves just as 
promptly. 

I have our personal volition
and the will to seek out what 
tantalizes me so. 

I hope, sir, we meet again. Now if you'll excuse me...

I turn to the great wilderness 
eclipsing the expanse before us
before adjourning into 
these wondrous,
gaping jaws. 

I have a great deal of learning ahead of me.  

Heed, and listen closely.

Royal Phoenix Exits

@Juryoku

You need someone you can believe in—this I will declare: trust me, I'll be there.

JurYoku
Just like an animal, I protect my pride

Whiskers retreated back and so did body from the appendages' persuasion. Muscles quivered while pushing up onto his paws. Shaking particles that attached to fur, he exhaled loudly as a response to the wish she held for him. He could not see it sincere in its show, such made head motion in refusal; though envy was the one playing the failure right now.

Pace had wound up with the male already ambling to his previous hang out, hardly taking the time to generously loosen the temporary tie. Even if he had the joy in moving along his merry path, tongue would not uphold to its rested state—slipping through teeth to stamp a farewell. "Stay true," he barked. Following that, the male trotted up and over incline, returning to initial position where the sea and shore was visible. Exercising the role of a guard, Juryoku decided to hang about a bit longer, kneading a line of tasks for the days creeping in.

~Exit~