Xalypsis
Monolithic - Printable Version

+- Xalypsis (http://xalypsis.victus-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Isle of Eshteth (http://xalypsis.victus-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Forest of Nalacera (http://xalypsis.victus-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Monolithic (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Monolithic - Jackal - 10-23-2017

<table align=center background="http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/Lashael/artflow_201709221714_zpsc21byexj.png" style="background-position:top; background-color:#000000; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:570px; border-left: 1px solid #000000; border-bottom: 1px solid #000; border-top: 1px solid #000000; border-right: 1px solid #000000"><tr>
<td width=150% valign=bottom align=center><div align="justify" style="padding-top:500px; padding-left:10px; padding-right: 10px; padding-bottom: 30px;"><font color="#e47833" style="font-family:georgia; font-size: 11px; text-transform: none; line-height: 13px; word-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:2.1px">

<center>THRILL</center>
The wolf-man entered the center of this unusual Forest, radiating a grin full of expectation and unfettered joy.  Magick here pressed upon his skin like the coming rains of Pyre, and brought a new reign of invigoration.   Massive oaks, ones he could feel the roots reach a dozen wolf-lengths below him, covered the forest in sweet shade.  The glare of Limu sun was broken up, so only dapples of sunlight could pierce the canopy.  Jackal tilted his head back to his companion with another off-kilter smile. Bare feet padded forward, slapping on granite as he came to a rest upon a small outcrop.  This was where the surge of magick was emitating from.  He trembled his excitement.  In a crunch and electric pops, indigo fur sprouted from scarred skin, and his skeleton elogated, growing in height as he dropped to hands and knees. 

<center>SEARCH</center>
Blind wolf tossed his nose to the heavens and unleashed a powerful howl, so the earth vibrated his frequency and the air shivered in the power of his bass.  A genuine invitation, a search for many, for any, to come explore this unusual arrival, to meet he and she, and perhaps THEY.  His voice faded.  Jackal took Lantern in maw and leapt from his perch back to pine debris and soft soil.  

<center>CONCEPT</center>
<font color=#ff5721>The magick here is as strong as I have ever known it to be.</font>  Jackal mused to Ysabeaux,  turning his enigmatic attention back to her.  He panted from mounting adrenaline.  Now that their motion had ceased, the surge of his thoughts, questions, and ideas raided his system for outlets. A pressure across his entire cranium. Not wholley uncomfortable, but foreign enough to perpetuate the acceleration of his heart. <font color=#Ff5721>My shed of skin is not typically so stimulating...<i>rejuvintaing.</i>..wonderfully strange, this.</font> He turned in place.  A strange moment to see, yet it was this <i>need</i> to see his environment that caused him to pad his paws in a tight three-sixty motion and consume the vibration that fed back to his circumfrence. 

<center>ACTION</center>
<font color=#ff5721>I want to <i>use</i> this opportunity to explore.</font>  Timbre flared. WIthout further adieu, he plunged his will into a section of earth in front of him, clutched the solid mass felt by his energies, and ripped it upwards.  Yet he did not allow the chunk of earth to dismantle its connection, but instead coaxed a pillar to rise above their heads.  Once it doubled his height, Jackal let the column stand.  A laugh tickled his throat.  Jackal cirlced his new addition, inhaled fading daylight, and considered his supply of energy.  <font color=#ff5721>It's as if..every use is replenished.</font> In a <i>husss</i> of wind, ivy and myrtle crawled upwards.  Two strains of morning glories followed, one a moonlit white, the other indigo night.  Tail wagged his pleasure, as he considered continuing his exploration of earthen capabilities, cradled within this forest of cedar, moisture, and pine. 

*  <font color=#FF5721>speech</font>  *  <font color=#707070>thought</font>  *  <font color=#7d26cd>telepathy</font>  * <font color=#3d8b37>----</font>
</font></font>
</div></td></tr></td></tr>
<center>Image by Tasha!</center>
</table>

ALL WELCOME.  COME EXPLORE MAGICK SKILLS, AND SOCIAL THRILLS!

@Ysabeaux  @Poltergeist  @Loki Anor  @Morgana  @Royal Phoenix  @Ivandriel  @Quarion  @Cif'thar  @Fesashka  @Knurlnien  @Virsise

RE: Monolithic - Ysabeaux - 12-01-2017

OOC: Ahhhh sorry this took so long!

<table align="center" width="475px" height="450px" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border: 1px solid #000000; background-color: #000000; background-image: url('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/LuckyAceOSpades/Ysadarkforesttable.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center;"><tr><td valign="top"><div style="padding-bottom: 300px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right: 10px; padding-top: 10px; font-family: times; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: 0.02in; text-align: justify;  color: #D2D2D2; text-shadow: 0px 0px 0px #000;">
<p><font color=#D2D2D2>Strength had returned to her body from their meager scavenging, though her mind still reeled in dips and twists like an energetic mountain stream. Ysabeaux padded after Jackal, following him in the same way as might a cat--with enough swagger to suggest that it was purely coincidence that they happened to be traveling in the same direction. <i>Not</i> because she didn’t know where she was going. A grin tugged up one side of her mouth. Her limbs, too, felt a bit catlike, her joints loose and flexible and growing more languid the closer they came to whatever destination the blind wolf had in that convoluted labyrinth he called a mind. A wolf who felt like a cat. <i>Ha.</i>

<p><font color=#D2D2D2>The mirroring cheshire smile that was cast her direction was a beacon, an announcement as her bare feet crossed another threshold--and if she had felt the shock of magic when they had entered the forest, it was <i>nothing</i> compared to this. Lightning ripped through her in a pleasure-pain that had her blood sparking in her veins, the fur of her wolf sliding against the inside of her skin and claws pricking at her fingertips, begging to get out. The chime of her silver earrings were clarion whispers in her mind. <i>Let go,</i> they said. So she did.

<p><font color=#D2D2D2>A calico riot of color had her falling forward as some bones shortened and others lengthened, the eerie sensation of her sterling-tinted canines sliding into place like knives long gone from their sheaths still sending a prickle of discomfort down a spine that was twisting and elongating. Muscles knotted and smoothed out again into a sleek shape that was new and old, familiar and utterly alien to the human mind of moments ago. But already a deep, ancient instinct tugged at her, and when Jackal’s baritone howl split the air with its summons she automatically added her own voice, the alto rising to a silver note far above his, wavering in a harmony of minor keys that quivered in the upper atmosphere and sent the question, challenge, <i>demand</i> scattering to the far reaches of the island.

<p><font color=#D2D2D2> As the last notes faded, her companion was already on the move, both on the physical and magical plane and even his rich timbre held a touch of breathlessness. <font color=#FF4545> “I feel the same,”</font> she agreed, not surprised to hear that echo of exhilaration in her own lighter notes. Large ears swiveled, a tickle behind them just out of the grasp of her full understanding...and then the ground exploded.

<p><font color=#D2D2D2>Ysabeaux danced back one step, two, her two-toned eyes traveling up, and up, and <i>up</i> as the construct of earth and magic surged towards the sky, draping itself with organic baubles and garlands in the kaleidoscope of colors nature could provide. The painted wolf forced herself to exhale, realizing she had held her breath as the monolith took shape, and flicked a glance towards Jackal’s wiry indigo form. He nearly glowed with power, Misery’s light emitting a brightness at odds with the size of her flame. She huffed a breath, the earth crooning under her paws but she had no magic that spoke to it, no power to command it to move and shift as he did. But there was more than one kind of power.

<p> <font color=#D2D2D2>Ysabeaux the wolf rocked back on her haunches, tucking her feathered tail tight to her body and closing her eyes, one red, one green, and the trancelike dream state seized her between one breath and the next. Jackal was right--the use of her power was effortless here, urging, as if she were full to the brim and without an outlet she might very well explode. Almost immediately she opened her eyes from a different perspective and the world was as bright and vibrant as it had been moments before. Ysabeaux the human glanced back at her physical body, sitting still as a statue, and drew a knife from the sheath on her wrist.

<p><font color=#FF4545> “Before, I almost always manifested as a wolf,”</font><font color=#D2D2D2> she mused, half to herself. But now, here, on Eshteth, each time she had crossed the bridge from astral plane to physical, she walked on two legs. Curious. With silent steps that left no imprint upon the loamy soil she crossed to the great column rising in the center of their clearing. This body gave off no scent, yet it could be heard and seen, and even touched...with a quick motion she drew the tip of her blade across her arm, gashing a shallow cut that immediately welled bright blood. The corresponding forelimb of the calico wolf twitched but nothing more. Ysabeaux dipped her finger in the ruby liquid and, using it like ink, marked the column before her. Nonsensical shapes and swirls, the language and form did not matter, but embedded in the construct of power she added her own flare. True dreams, vivid dreams, open minds. <font color=#FF4545> “Open your minds to Them,”</font> she murmured, wiping the last of the blood from her arm and smearing it in a final dramatic flourish. She stood back to admire her work. Curls slid over her black-clad shoulder as she turned to look at Jackal, her astral form as real and solid as it had ever been. <font color=#FF4545> “What now?”</font>

</font>
</div>
</td>
</tr></table>

RE: Monolithic - Loki Anor - 04-02-2018

<center><div style="background: #fffc99; width: 310px; padding-right: 240px; padding-left: 40px; padding-top: 20px; height: 150px; color: #ad2400; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 20px; text-align: left; text-transform: uppercase; margin-top: 20px;">Loki Anor</div>
<table><tr>
<td><div style="background: #fffc99; width: 310px; margin-left: -35px; margin-right: -4px; padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-bottom: 30px; margin-top: -175px; height: 275px;"><div style="height: 275px; width: 310px; padding: 10px; overflow: hidden; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-5px;;"><div style="height: 275px; width: 310px; padding: 0px; padding-right: 27px; overflow: auto;"><div style="height: 275px; width: 310px; padding: 0px; ; color: #ad2400; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; line-height: 135%;"><p><font color=#ad2400>His mind reeled, and the combination of his mental disquiet and the metaphyiscal whirlpool dragging him towards it center made Loki almost physically ill. His mind, acute as it was, had difficulty reconciling what he had seen in the transformation of his formerly equine companion. Of the realities in which he had lived and marked with his passing, those that had been the most dangerous, the most corrupt, had been those dominated by man. 
<p><font color=#ad2400>Loki shuddered, the shiver rippling from his nape to the tip of his tail, and when he looked back upon his trail of pawprints on the loamy soil it looked as if he had eaten fermented fruit and been stumbling drunk...or stumbling with sickness. The black-and-scarlet wolf paused, a brief chill of fear serving to quell the churning of his stomach. He couldn’t be falling to that...that illness...could he? Without thinking he reached for the inner ember of his magic. It was there, glowing hotly beneath a charcoal crust, brighter and hotter than before but still a dying spark compared to his former inferno. He blew on it, watched in his mind’s eye as it flared more brightly, and the flush of heat raced through his body. He gave it another nudge, and clenched his jaws together as smoke curled up from his pelt and the crown of gold upon his brow felt as if it turned into a branding iron. He let the magic go, but the agony in his skull remained. The young wolf stood rigid for a few more moments, breathing deeply until the feeling passed. A small price ot pay, if it would keep him from catching the plague of this place. 
<p><font color=#ad2400>When he set off again he glanced over his shoulder one last time, and four blackened prints left a more permanent mark upon the soil than his previous passing. Loki shook his ruff in a wolfish shrug and picked up his pace--it couldn’t be helped. 
<p><font color=#ad2400>When he emerged into the clearing, he very nearly fled in the same heartbeat. Two humans stood around a great pillar, and one had a metal fang...he was familiar with such objects, and the danger they could do. Yet, even as he turned, the pulse of magic that was the center of his mysterious vortex wrapped itself around him, sending a wildfire roaring through his veins again, but this time it did not burn. It held him fast. The sun-gold of his eyes took on a glow as if lit from within and he held fast at the edge of the area, watching. He caught the scent of another, and a glance showed him a ghost hidden amongst the shadows, keeping to the outskirts like him. As he watched, one of the humans seemed to flicker out of existence, and a third wolf, one that he had not noticed because it had been holding still as stone, opened her eyes and stood, and then made her way to stand next to the...man...with no fear, no trepidation. <font color=#000000><b> “What is this?”</b></font> he whispered, his words as light as smoke on the breeze.

</div></div></div></div></td>
<td><div style="background: #ad2400; width: 115px; padding: 20px; margin-top: -260px;"><div style="background-image: url('https://orig00.deviantart.net/ddfa/f/2011/334/4/8/burning_tree_by_beingstoned-d4hrsrx.jpg'); background-size: cover; width: 111px; height: 111px; color: transparent; border: 2px solid #fffc99;">kyley code</div>
<div style="width: 115px; color: #fffc99; font-family: helvetica; font-size: 8.5px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; margin-top: -2px; line-height: 135%; height: 120px;"><font color=#fffc99>The hardest thing in life to learn, is which bridges to cross and which to burn.</font> </div></div></td>
</tr></table></center>